Lake Michigan ice reports??

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Anyone hitting them through the ice on Lake Michigan yet? I’m DYING to get back up there, and after some fresh, ice out trout and salmon!

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Anyone been out on the ice, is it starting to break up yet?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I drove by the upper Root River (few miles above the dam)Most of the ice was melted and was FLOWING just within the banks. Was in the upper 40’s today and will continue to drop through next week. Ice fishing around here has been a joke with the abundance of fisherman. I have not been by the Milw. Harbor at all to see the conditions there. We have been pounded with N – N.E. – or S.E. winds. That makes clay/chocolate milk along the shore.

My trigger finger isn’t itching as much, so the coyote gun will need to be cleaned and set aside. Its early yet, but early high water will put more steelhead and some spring run browns up the river. Years ago, I would get 2-3yr old chinooks at the mouth of the Racine harbor trolling shad raps around the second weekend of March. Besides a buddy of mine that now lives in Tremp. I don’t know of anyone else that trolled the lake in winter time.

I’ll let you know how things progress. Meanwhile, just get your stuff ready and wait!

andy-johnson
    Milwaukee, WI

There is some decent ice in some of the areas, bad to no ice in other areas. Fishing has been pretty steady for me this winter. Lot of other guys I have talked to it has been up and down for them. I started trolling open water last year in April.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.