Trout opener??

• fireman1217
    Eagan, MN

Anyone headed out trout fishing this weekend? I’m taking my 10 and 12 year olds up to Ely for their first trip. Hopefully it doesn’t stay TOO cold…weather reports are saying highs in the single digits. That’s bearable anyway…wondering if anyone else is going that direction?

llong

Good luck I might make it out this weekend. looked at forecast for now and saturday will be a heatwave getting above 0 and sunday should feel like short sleeve weather with a high of 21. this morning -33 took the air right out the lungs when i stepped outside what lake or lakes you thinking about going to.

yodeldog
    Farmville, MN

I’ll be heading to Grindstone this weekend. My buddy will be scouting on the opener. (that I cant make it to)

snova350s
    wyoming,mn

Im also going to try to make it to grindstone after opener, I’ve never fished the lake, how is the trout bite up there.

patty
    Alexandria, MN

I will be fishing around the ely area also, mabbe miners, tofte or a few little trout ponds.

fireman1217
    Eagan, MN

Same as Alex…Tofte on Sat a.m., and then Miners Sunday a.m. Have a room at the Grand Ely Lodge so the boys can swim on Sat. night!

llong

i might make it to miners sunday. have to work saturday till 4 at the grand ely lodge. then got a work christms party to go to that night. boys should have fun there. we have snow shoes that we let our guests use for free for 2 hours, just a thought for something else to do aswell. i work friday night 4 to 12 so i will be around. good luck

fireman1217
    Eagan, MN

We’ll probably be at the pool by 4 pm. If you see 2 kids swimming and a guy sitting there looking bored with a beer in his hand stop and say HI!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Does anyone have a current report on ice conditions on Grindstone? I heard that it may not look good for driving on the lake???

yodeldog
    Farmville, MN

My buddy was on grindstone today and caught some rainbows and smelt. He said there was 6″ of good ice, with crap ice on top. Nobody was driving

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.