Lake Cenaiko Thread

• Zenit
    I'd rather be at the Whitewater River

I fish this lake a lot, have a rolling thread on another forum, thought I would start a thread here on the hopes I can get my good friend Rootski out there sometime

Quote:

it was really crowded this year. Unlike past years, when things start to thin out around 10 AM, a lot of people stuck around this year. Kudos to the Anoka County Parks weekend guy who (once again) couldn’t get out of bed to open the d#mn gate – an HOUR late. This happens habitually with this guy, I put up with it a lot last year – no more, I will be calling Anoka County Parks tomorrow.

Fishing wise, not as good as I had hoped – a lot of action out in the middle of the lake, one really had to wing it out there to get in front of the fish. Gave up on my ultra-light Shimano Stradic & St. Croix combo early, and went to a heavier Shimano Sienna/Berkley Cherrywood throwing 1/4th Kastmasters and had a lot more success. No trophies, kept 2 for the pan. Nicest fish I saw was about 15 yards away from me, guy throwing a BIG spoon caught what was close to an 18 inch brook trout, fat as a football & even had the hook jaw going – I thought it was a splake at first, but it didn’t have the forked tail. Wish I would have taken a picture of it, very pretty & unusually colored fish – watched the guy who caught it battle it on the way in, one h#ll of a fight.

Water is VERY turbid, as murky as I’ve ever seen it.

Too windy this afternoon to go out, probably try the north bank this evening, wasn’t fished much yesterday as far as I could see. We spent the entire morning/early afternoon on the east bank – too crowded for much moving around. Withe water as cold as it is, I’ve gotta think that the north end shallows hold some fish, would like to try some fly fishing there tonight, as conditions permit, rather than just sling heavy metal.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.