Trout League

• twebb

Minnesota Trout and Bass Fishing League

1. Contest dates will be set in advance with a day specific printout that needs to be included in the picture with the fish clearly showing the length of the fish using a tape measure. The printout will be posted the night before the contest so that you will have adequate time to get it, but it will only take a few seconds. Here is an example of a printout that you will need(it does not have to be in color but it does have to be identical to the picture that I post if it is not the same printout you will be awarded no points for your fish):

2. You will be allowed to register one species of trout and one species of bass. The options for the trout to be registered are a rainbow, brook, brown, or tiger trout. The options for bass that are able to be registered are largemouth or smallmouth. The largest fish of each species caught on that day will receive a bonus inch point for that day. So whoever registers the biggest trout(any of the four types) will receive a bonus inch for the day. Whoever registers the biggest bass(either type) will receive a bonus inch for the day.

3. Throughout the year the total lengths of the fish will be added up to the nearest quarter of an inch. Standings will be posted after each day of the tournament and kept up to date. Prizes will be given away at random for such things as nicest fish, standings leader, last place in standings, and other oddball things like that.

4. The pictures of the fish for the day of the tournament need to be posted by midnight of the day of the contest. There will be absolutely no exceptions to this rule and any postings submitted after the time will be tossed out due to the fact that this is the only way to keep the pictures honest for the contest.

5. They entry fee for this contest will be $20 with a 90% payback rate and the other 10% of the entry fee going in donation to the Lanesboro area fisheries to assist in the stocking of our streams. Donations are accepted if you wish to sponsor this league in anyway.

6. You are allowed to fish on any stream that you wish as long as it is in Minnesota. I am relying on everybody being honest as far as this goes and hope to see it not taken advantage of. Just remember….have your photo posted by midnight or you will receive no points for the day.

Further rules will be added if deemed necessary. As far as judges go for random prizes I may select people at random to pick who they think gets something or I may do a drawing of my own…..you just never know.

The dates for the contest will be as follows:

Saturday April 12th , 2008(season opener for stream trout)
    Friday April 18th, 2008
    Sunday April 20th, 2008
    Saturday April 26th, 2008
    Sunday May 4th, 2008
    Tuesday May 13th, 2008
    Friday May 23rd, 2008
    Saturday May 31st, 2008
    Thursday June 5th, 2008
    Saturday June 21st, 2008
    Sunday June 29th, 2008
    Monday July 7th, 2008
    Friday July 18th, 2008
    Saturday July 26th, 2008
    Wednesday July 30th, 2008
    Sunday August 3rd, 2008
    Saturday August 16th, 2008
    Thursday August 21st, 2008
    Sunday August 31st, 2008
    Friday September 5th, 2008
    Thursday September 11th, 2008
    Friday September 12th, 2008
    Saturday September 13th, 2008
    Sunday September 14th, 2008(season closes for SE MN trout streams)

The reason for the four days in a row at the end of the season is if we have a close competition it will make for a very interesting ending

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.