Cheesehead salmon

• umichjesse
    Plymouth

Five of us made the run over to Wisconsin last weekend to chase some kings with our flyrods. We probably were a day or two early because it started raining on Sunday when we left. The rain should have brought a bunch of fresh fish in. Despite the lack of rain before we arrived, we did manage to find a few fresher fish roaming about. You just had to pick through the “Frankenfish” to find an agressive biter. Hot flies were the typical egg patterns, caddis nymphs, stoneflies, and ESL when it was darker. I landed half a dozen each day and lost about twice as many, not counting the inevitable foul hooking. The clearer low water required 6lb tippets to get the most bites and 20+lb fish can make short work of line when they start dragging through rocks and over trees.

All in all it was a great trip.

If you link out to photos on photobucket be sure that they are no wider than 450 pixels or you will stretch the page here on the site.

Using the photo upload system here on the site is FAR easier and quicker than using photobucket or other photo hosting sites. The other nice thing about uploading photos to the IDA server is that they’ll always be part of the post you added them to. If you browse old threads you’ll find nearly all photos added using a hosting site are missing… so the posts that are loaded with all those red “X’s” indicating a missing file.

New Photo System Added

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

Where (might I ask) were you fishing?
    That looks like fun!

umichjesse
    Plymouth

If you mapquest Malcom X Middle School you will only be a couple blocks away.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Outstanding!

That looks like it must be huge fun. And it makes the Bass I catch all summer with my fly rod look awful puny

Rootski

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

That sounds like a blast Good job

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.