Upper Colorado River fishing Trip

• flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Upper Colorado River fishing trip. Good fish, good times! All browns and ‘bows. Some to 18″, most 11 to 14″. Elkhairs and pupae, some PMD’s and emergers. Sizes 16 to 18. 6x 10 foot flurocarbon leaders. Water was mostly clear, and few rain showers helped taint the water a bit for some better, less spooked fish a few times, but cleared in hours. (Hope the pic works, new at this part) http://picasaweb.google.com/molko.ta/ColoradoJuly2007/photo?authkey=XnguOTGlqxY#5096888343855560194

umichjesse
    Plymouth

Looks like a great time.

Did you try fishing at night? This time of year with the low clear water, I love tossing streamers at night. Nothing better than a trout with shoulders nearly ripping your rod out of your hands. My favorite part is when they jump in the dark. You can’t see them but you feel the pull on line lighten up and all of a sudden it sounds like someone threw a paint can in the river.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

was out until dark on one occassion, but had an encounter with two bull moose. Had the ‘crap’ scared outta me. Glad it is August and not September, or my wife my would be writing a warning instead of me sharing a fish story. One fella fom New Mexico said he had got out before sunrise and did well with the streamers. I will give that a go sometime. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.