Jet divers

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

In what has turned out to be a major expense, my quest to fish for trout and salmon on superior has led me to a host of neat devices to spend my money on.

Getting a bit gun shy now, but I found this little bugger that looks just like the Jet Diver I bought and have been trying to adapt a release for it.

Trying to fight the fish and not the diver kinda deal.

Anyway, anybody tried one of these guys??

Tru-trip deep diver.

http://www.bigfishtuff.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=74

Looks like a good deal…maybe?
    tia

Al

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

It has a built in mechanism to make it inline on the strike so you don’t fight it:

Adjustable trip-out mechanism: Trips out at fish strike: no diver drag

Rereading your post, maybe that’s why you want it…

I’ve used similar and they work, you can trip mine by setting the hook on the lure alone.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Otto-M has said it. Just like dipsy divers, these have a trip on a strike, or you can trip it by giving it a sharp jerk like setting the hook hard to make it trip. The release is adjustable by that little screw right where the ‘eye-wire’ locks into the little plastic groove…doesn’t take much of a turn on the screw to change the release break point….
    Good luck…

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Thanks, looks like I’ll order a couple.

Al

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Yup, they trip out like a dipsey. Another brand is Tripz diver. Personally, I would go with a dipsey. Get whick ever depth curve size you want or need.

My reasoning for this is that the jet divers only of straight back. A dipsey will do that or you can spin it to go out to the side too. Getting them to go out is a great and easy way to spread out and or be able to easily fish more lines. Walker or Luhr-Jensen.

Not trying to make this harder on you but Dipsies allow a broader range of use and accomplish the same thing.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Yup, they trip out like a dipsey. Another brand is Tripz diver. Personally, I would go with a dipsey. Get whick ever depth curve size you want or need.

My reasoning for this is that the jet divers only of straight back. A dipsey will do that or you can spin it to go out to the side too. Getting them to go out is a great and easy way to spread out and or be able to easily fish more lines. Walker or Luhr-Jensen.

Not trying to make this harder on you but Dipsies allow a broader range of use and accomplish the same thing.

Good point and I have a few dipsy’s, just have to get the right rod/combo, recommend a rod maybe?

The ones I have are pretty soft/light action.

Al

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

X2 on what Mark said above.

Okuma Blue Diamond Dipsey Diver Fishing Rods are a good choice that won’t break your budget. You can usually find them for less than $50.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I am running the MAGs on Cabelas trolling series Dipsey Diver rod. Its ok for fish over 5#, the rod was like $25 on some sale when I got them nothing super but they work. I would assume some of the smaller Dips could even be ran off the Cabelas 8’6″ planer board rods.

Like I said, these rods are nothing to brag about but they fit in my budget at the time and work for the amount of trips I take.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

You really don’t need an expensive rod for dipsy divers and are probably better off with a fiberglass rod over a graphite one. Sense of feel is not going to be an issue for this rod.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Having had the opportunity to fish with Joel,I think his okuma rods handle dipsies better than my Cabela’s depth master dipsy rods.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

X2 on what Mark said above.

Okuma Blue Diamond Dipsey Diver Fishing Rods are a good choice that won’t break your budget. You can usually find them for less than $50.

Anybody local to the twin cities sell them??

Thanks all.

Al

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I use talora rods for my dipsys I got them at fleet farm, but then two of them are roller rods for wire lines

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.