Salmon in Bayfield??

• buschman
    Pool 2

Hi all. I will be up in the Ashland/Bayfield WI area in a couple weeks with no boat and a couple days to play around. My question is if there is a good Salmon bite this time of year up in that area? I would hire a guide for a half day morning trip if there was a good chance at catching some. I am not familiar with this area and think it would be fun to do but don’t want to pay for scenery. Good salmon bite would be my target if I did make a run at it. Thanks guys.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

buschman:

I would contact Tommy Hicks and/or Josh Teigen and see what their take would be… Also a call to Scott Bretting at River Rock in Ashland might be beneficial, or Carolyn at Anglers All…

My guess is that it might be a bit late, and we all know they are still in the lake… but these peeps would really be able to give you a far better answer.

Mark

buschman
    Pool 2

Thanks Mark! I will shoot them a note. I was worried that was the case as well. Only doing a half day would make it tough too and assume it would just be a short morning bite window out off shore. I have never been on that part of the lake and would like just to be out there trying but would like to do it when fishing is on.

Matt L
    Twin Cities

This time of year can be tougher to find the salmon, but the lake trout are for sure going. 100 FOW, 40-70 down.

Try to get up there next April. We had a blast spending a day and a half getting the Coho on stick baits and planer boards.

Attachments:
    1. salmon2.jpg

2. Salmon1.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.