RV and drinking

• Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Picked up an RV and the wife wants to go booze cruising party bus style. What are the MN and WI laws?

Riverrat

You can’t have anyone in the vehicle drinking while on a public road regardless if the driver can get to them or not in MN.

picklerick
    Central WI

Illegal unless you’re parked in a campsite. I think you have to have a licensed chauffer like in a limo or party bus.

Deuces

I like her line of thinking toast

Sharon
    SE Metro

Where and when is the pick up?? I’m down! yay toast rotflol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Just park it in the driveway and crank up the tunes. A couple shots in no one will care your sitting in the driveway.

Riverrat

We used to play a game called boat ramp roulette. You drive around till you see a boat ramp and you stop there and take a shot. It’s a tough game in a county with a thousand lakes but it could be really fun in an RV, and it probably doesn’t count as a public road.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

This sounds like a potential mess.Careful Mike she is trouble.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s how we got to every packers/badgers/family HS Football game for years…legal – probably not.

With a 100% sober driver we always assumed the only risk greater than a usual RV ride was for the people inside potentially getting sick or the driver being pulled over completely sober and earning an open container ticket.

B-man

Definitely not legal in either state, but going 60mph in a 55mph isn’t either.

Have a sober driver, keep it under control (you don’t want an obnoxious drunk if you get pulled over, or anytime for that matter), and have an agreement that everyone will split any monetary fines. Have fun and be safe!

FinnyDinDin

Sounds like an IDO get together in the making. I ain’t driving!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

IDO mobile get together in the future???

isu22andy

I’m surprised this isn’t legal in MN . Are party buses legal or is that an Iowa thing ? I know a couple outfits and a farmer that have party busses . Nothing more than a school buss with the seats turned sideways with a shower curtain to separate the driver . Hose down floor is a must lol

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I’m surprised also, as MN just ruled that weed smell alone is not probable cause, wouldn’t alcohol smell be the same?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I like her line of thinking toast

I like her way of DRINKing…

Riverrat

I’m surprised also, as MN just ruled that weed smell alone is not probable cause, wouldn’t alcohol smell be the same?

It’s not probable cause but an open container can still get you in jail. We have/had one in the county jail this week. Still think it should be illegal to give someone a ticket for driving around with a Grainbelt and looking at corn.

big_g
    Isle, MN

It is legal to do with a licensed chauffeur at the wheel… just not in an RV… unless said RV is a limousine service (which opens up all kinds of requirements) Who hasn’t been on a party/wedding bus before ? toast

CaptainMusky

Party busses are definitely a thing, but I believe there is a distinction in the rule for a vehicle of that type like a limo. I think most party busses have to separate the driver from the passengers. At least the ones Ive been in did.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We used to pitch in a rent the local party bus for no good reason and just get hammered like 15 of us dudes and pick up all sorts of random girls along the way. Glad those days are over, but at the same time I sure miss them

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Have a sober driver, keep it under control (you don’t want an obnoxious drunk if you get pulled over, or anytime for that matter), and have an agreement that everyone will split any monetary fines. Have fun and be safe!

I am a little dense. What I am reading is cover up all the windows, put everything in a discreet containers with matching non acholic containers (the ones with booze was from last night), 100% sober driver, have a fine agreement, and leave EPG at home.

I have rented 5 party buses in MN and I know for sure one of the drivers didn’t have a chauffeur license.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

J/K EPG
    EPG endangered black racer snakeskin boots with Amur Leopard lining (can’t remember if those had the baby seal skin soles) is the only obnoxious thing about him, and I like his boots. Being only 2 miles away I would have to pick him up. toast

glenn57
    cold spring mn

It is legal to do with a licensed chauffeur at the wheel… just not in an RV… unless said RV is a limousine service (which opens up all kinds of requirements) Who hasn’t been on a party/wedding bus before ? toast

ME!!!!

i dont get out much.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.