Rum river canoe trips

• Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Have done 3 so far this year with the 4th coming on wednesday.

Great fishing on the rum. The first 2 trips we went a little overboard. Started in St. Francis and went all the way into anoka. First trip clocked at 12 1/2 hours and the second trip clocked at 13 hours. Great fishing however. Caught many walleye, pike, and smallies. Trip 3 was this last saturday and we played it a little less agressive. Started in St. Francis and ended at 22. The pike fishing was great! we caught 7 pike with the biggest being 36 inches, also had a double pike!

Using all deep diving raps, #5 and #7, the brighter colors seemed to work the best, however the first trip a #5 red deep diver worked great for walleye and smallies.

Wish I could include some pictures but my camera was lost earlier in the year down at hidden falls

Either way, rum river is a great stretch of river to canoe down and I am having a blast learning it.

Also, river has been very low, with many parts having to get out of the canoe and pull it over rocks etc., but also many parts we can put the trolling motor in and work the areas we liked best.

Will let everyone know how our wednesday trip goes.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.