Fishing Report

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

On Saturday my brother and I headed out to a local lake in search of some crappies. My brother had a tip from a friend that the crappies were really biting on ##### lake between Zimmerman and Princeton. I promised I wouldn’t tell anyone. Anyway, we found 8-10 inches of ice with 4-6 inches of snow. The lake bottoms out at about 30 feet, so we focused on the edges of the deeper holes. We found some nice schools of fish cruising a subtle edge from 21-24 feet. Once we got our lines in the water it was apparent that these fish were on a mission to get some food in their bellies. I chose a lil cecil tipped with a wax worm and my brother had on a forage minnow. My brother was outfishing me 3:2 with no bait, so I decided to give it a try too. The fish were hammering our baits as fast as we could get them down there. These active schools were also on the move so we had to do a lot of hole jumping. Most of the fish were in the 9-11″ range, so we kept some for dinner and released a bunch for another day. I also tried an 1/8oz Go Devil and Marmooska jig with and without bait, but hands down was the lil cecil followed by the forage minnow. I attached a picture of one of the many crappies that inhaled my red lil cecil with no bait.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.