Rum river excursion. 5/28 Picts.

• ronzych
    Centerville,MN.

I went out on the Run river for the first time on Tuesday. I dragged my brother in law out with me. We put in, in St Francis and headed up river with the aircooled motor/duck boat. We had to get out a couple times and pull it through some shallow water. We caught a few smallies and missed a few. It was fun but the fishing was slow. The deepest water we found was 8 feet. The fish were caught in the shallow water along the banks.

[image]

Boat found on shore… She was a beauty.

My IDA hat is on the boat seat

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Nice Report, Ron, and Nice smallie! If you want some walleye action… cast right into the center of those 8′ holes… I have found them right in there. Northern and Smallies closer to shore!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Put a shirt on! Oh, and nice galoshes there Homer.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Oh, and nice galoshes there Homer.

Hey… there are quite a few points in the river right now where you have to trudge it… My buddy and I wore hip waders when we went out. And we were thankful we did!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That’s my bro, just giving him poop.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

No problem… but if I were you… I would be giving him crap about having to hold out that small fish so far out from his body and close to the camera… and having it STILL look like bait!

ronzych
    Centerville,MN.

Comedians!!
    Those boots weren’t tall enough. I had to empty them out everytime I pulled the boat through the rocks/rapids/shallow water. Water shoes with shorts would be better. Tim didn’t bring any boots….Hmmmm…
    Looks like I’m starting to bulk up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.