Who took all of the water out of the river?

• fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Just kidding.

Usually I fish the Mississippi river by Champlin/Anoka. I know the gates are open at the CoonRapids dam for repairs.

Does anyone know how long the repairs will last or if there is a website with updates?

This part of the river is very close to me for a quick fix during the week.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I hear ya, it is really tough to get to the areas that I normally fish this time of year (south of champlin). I put in at the Rum access a couple weeks ago and that first 1.5 miles down is sketchy to say the least, a lot of 2′ water, I didn’t hit any rocks but those riffles had me going. The low water had really concentrated the smallies and cats on what little structure there is. Finding fish took about 2 minutes. I usually troll with hot n tots and glass raps, white and silver are best. With the river moving much faster than normal up there I had no shoreline action at all. Everything was in 9′-13′ relating to humps/debris. PM me if you want an exact locale, I have been working so much I may not see the water again until it is frozen.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

U guys know how the water levels are on the Rum. I hope to get out there this week. I will be over on the St. Croix for sure but would like to hit the rum too.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

When are you heading out Adam? Im up for some fishing the next few days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.