More Bangkok Fishing

• castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

I went to one of my favorite fishing parks in Bangkok today. This park is usually quieter than Bungsamlan. I felt like I had the whole park all to myself. There was nobody there until afternoon. It was challenging to use my tripod and camera timer on such big fish.

Finally after much practice and error, I feel like I am starting to figure out the bait mixes and the techniques used over here. I had a great multi-species day: Giant Mekong, Striped Cat, Siamese Carp, Bighead Carp, and Giant Gourami.

Siamese Carp

Bigehead Carp

This is a PB Mekong Cat. I am guessing somewhere over 70 lbs.

stuart
    Mn.

Wow,man your livimg the life.

jime

Very nice ! Keep those pics a coming.

tweed

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You need a bigger net!!!

That’s always a good problem.

ssaall

I’m curious… what line of work are you in that puts you in that part of the world?
    SAL

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Nice!

ms75449
    Lake City, MN

Very cool. I always look forward to seeing your fish pictures. Have a good Thanksgiving.

jerry b
    western WI

With the recent addition to the family and a chance to catch fish like that, why would he need a job, he’s got it all already. jerr

Retired2007
    Waukon, Iowa

I was in Bangkok last June. Wish I would have thought about doing some fishing while I was there. Well there is always next time.
    Nice fish !

DrewH
    s/w WI.

great pics keep them coming

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Wow,man your livimg the life.

Yea this is quite the opportunity available to me and I am taking advantage of it. I am living the life but I sure miss pheasant hunting with my dad out west and deer hunting up north and floating the river casting for muskies in the fall. Believe it or not, I even miss ice fishing. The point I am trying to make is that you just have to be happy with where you are at in life and you always have to give up something in order to do something else.

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

I’m curious… what line of work are you in that puts you in that part of the world?
    SAL

I work for a Christian NGO (Non-Gov. Org.) in Laos that helps children in poor areas with food, schooling, and medical attention.

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

Like everyone else, I look forward to your posts! Looks like your having a blast with all that multi-species action out there.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Quote:

SAL

I work for a Christian NGO (Non-Gov. Org.) in Laos that helps children in poor areas with food, schooling, and medical attention.

Well now we know why your rewarded with all the fish you catch.
    Have a great thanksgiving.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Looks like a great day from the dock

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.