Unique Fishes of SE Asia

• castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

I got out on Father’s Day weekend and caught 2 new lifelisters. I started out targeting Featherbacks and found out what was chopping my minnows in half. After getting robbed several times, I finally hooked the theif. It was an Arrowhead Pufferfish. My 2nd freshwater Puffer. We have about 6-7 different freshwater Puffers over here. They have a nasty little beak on them that you want to keep your fingers away from or any flesh for that matter.

My 2nd lifelister came as I noticed some small minnow-sized fish swimming around my bait. They had a peculiar tail to them but my hook was way too large to catch them. I switched my hooks out to the tiniest ones I own (and they are tiny). A little peice of shrimp and I started catching these little guys. I later identified them as Scissortail Rasbora. Their tail markings are very unique.

The next fish, I wish I could call a new lifelister but I got him by asking a local if I could have him for my fish tank. He kindly offered the little guy to me. I knew right away what it was and am targeting them next time. They are not real common though. The Thais don’t always have them in their creel. It is an Indochinese Leaffish. They don’t get very big but they are very cool and the camoflage job is amazing.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Love your fascinating posts!

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Thanks for the great read as always! Interesting little fish

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

sweet. Keep em comming!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I had a dog that looked like that Arrowhead Pufferfish…with the exception of the fish tail!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.