Gouramies

• castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

When are you guys going to put up an International Forum for me?

If you all remember awhile back I posted a Three Spot Gourami caught by my guard and I by electroshocking techniques. I don’t count it as a new lifelister until I catch it by hook and line though.

Today my guard got a Snakeskin Gourami. They get a little bigger than the Three-Spots. These fish are vegetarians but I think they will eat ant eggs.

There is an even bigger one called a Giant Gourami. In 2003, this man below showed me one he got. Francois Helias tells me that banana on a hook works well for these things. Sorry that the pic isn’t better of the fish.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I am loving your reports. Very informative and interesting. Keep them coming

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Yep, keep em coming

burnswas
    lake city mn

love the awsome reports

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Any giant catfish in your parts?

Some of the largest fish swimming in freshwater are over here. My biggest Mekong Cat is 65 lbs and I have caught dozens of Giant Mekong Cats. I am a Species Hunter first and then I am a Trophy Hunter after that, so right now a Trophy Mekong Cat hunt is on hold until I get some of these other species out of the way first.

Below is a pic of 646 lb. Giant Mekong Cat caught just a few miles up river from where I live.

Other giant fish that are worth mention are the Giant Siamese CARP which exceed 100 lbs. easily and the Giant Freshwater Stingrays that get up to 600+ lbs. as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.