2009 rough fish photos

• jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Light tackle testers. This one was “operation tailhook”!

Went through the 2008 photos today, there really is alot of great shots with some interesting creatures.

Let’s see em guys

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That would have been a battle hooked in the mouth! Tailhooked carp are impossible to bring in. Nice fish!

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

Breath Jeff!!! Thats sure was a beast of a carp. Dan

gdandm
    Elk River, Mn

Here’s my boy with a couple silvers. I had to almost bribe him to go with, now he wants to go tommorrow and he asked if I had any plans for the weekend.

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

Those pictures are awesome.

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Here’s a couple carp I got in the last few days. Fun fish to go after. Amazing how just a few kernels of sweet corn on a hook can get these beasts to give ya quite a battle.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

Here’s my boy with a couple silvers. I had to almost bribe him to go with, now he wants to go tommorrow and he asked if I had any plans for the weekend.

Priceless

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Here is a trophy hogsucker my buddy caught 1oz shy of state record.

the better half
    Champlin, MN

Tyler and his first dog fish. He caught it while crappie fishing on Tonka. He was using 4lb. test & a crappie minnow.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

SWEET bowfin! I’ll bet that was a battle for him.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Posting for RyanK – think its a carp?

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

It’s a buffalo… not related to the carp, but very similar in appearance. Congrats, they are a lot of fun to catch. Hopefully, someone will be able to tell whether it’s a bigmouth or a smallmouth buff.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Smallmouth or Black but not bigmouth buff.

Most likely a smallmouth.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Nothing big, but my pal, Floyd, and I happened into a mess of carp last night. What a hoot! And the weather was tough to beat

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I know that bridge. Now to figure out which way you are heading and if you are going to or from your spot, how long you’ve been moving…

Brindle coats are the coolest!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I know that bridge. Now to figure out which way you are heading and if you are going to or from your spot, how long you’ve been moving…

Shoulda photoshopped it!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Here is my biggest ruffie so far for 2009. This 30 inch Sheephead crushed a bomber on pool 2 tonight. WOW what a battle!! Thought it was a big cat, but definately the biggest drum I have ever seen up close and personal.

-J.

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Whoa Nellie! Now that there is a true thing of beauty! Way to go!

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

Those little bait-robbing Drum are sickening to catch, but I would love to tie into a bruiser like that one.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Holy Carp

Jon you are the sheep master

sanka

I can’t believe that fish! I grew up near Big Spirit in IA, and they once caught a 46lb sheepie out of there. I always thought it was some sort of misprint, or some kind of mistake. I’d never seen one over 7-8 lbs. That is a true monster.

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

Nice sheepie! It’s kinda funny how the little ones will fight for a few seconds, and then just play dead. But once they get a few more pounds on them, they figure out how to fight. Big sheepies are fun.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Nice sheepie! It’s kinda funny how the little ones will fight for a few seconds, and then just play dead. But once they get a few more pounds on them, they figure out how to fight. Big sheepies are fun.

Whats not funny is how they like to get the bait straight the the back of the throat to smash the bait leading to a lot of cut lines for me. Circle hooks are worthless for them for the most part.

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

Quote:

Whats not funny is how they like to get the bait straight the the back of the throat to smash the bait leading to a lot of cut lines for me. Circle hooks are worthless for them for the most part.

Agreed. I’ve lost a lot of hooks to those little guys.

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

Is that a bighead? Where did you catch that?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.