HUGE ALLIGATOR GAR !!!

• out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I would never swim around there thats for sure!

musky_ben
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

I would never swim around there thats for sure!

x2 or let mey dogs near the waters edge!!!

BBKK
    IA

What I want to know is, what did he use to fillet it? A 2 man tree saw?

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Also, why would you eat that thing?

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

I have heard that they are delicious. Although it does take something stronger than your average fillet or hunting knife to get through it’s hide.

It looks like they dragged it a couple miles through the brush behind the ATV.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

If you’re gonna kill it, you should eat it!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

It looks like they dragged it a couple miles through the brush behind the ATV.

That was to scale it….DUH

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

What a monsterous fish…Imagine fighting that thing by hand for 45 minutes, my arms feel like jello just thinking about it.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Yeah but it was cord, not line, and it was a fiberglass fishing arrow, not a hook. Tie that line around your waist and just back out of the water.

If you’ve got a decent hookup it’s not going to come loose and if it’s not a decent hookup you’re gonna lose it anyway.

I want to know how old it is and just exactly how much history that guy killed just for the [self-censored] of it.

timmy

Wow – good for him! What a beast!

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Quote:

Yeah but it was cord, not line, and it was a fiberglass fishing arrow, not a hook. Tie that line around your waist and just back out of the water.

If you’ve got a decent hookup it’s not going to come loose and if it’s not a decent hookup you’re gonna lose it anyway.

I want to know how old it is and just exactly how much history that guy killed just for the [self-censored] of it.

Just did a little research… turns out the females live to fifty and the males substantially less. I had assumed they were more like sturgeon and the guy killed a 200 year old fish.

So hats off to the guy… cuz that IS the catch of a lifetime. Just next time have the ATV there first and tie the arrow off to -it-.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Just did a little research… turns out the females live to fifty and the males substantially less. I had assumed they were more like sturgeon and the guy killed a 200 year old fish.

So hats off to the guy… cuz that IS the catch of a lifetime. Just next time have the ATV there first and tie the arrow off to -it-.

50 years is still a long time to grow that girl! So it is more like killing a 55 pound flathead up here….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.