PreTied Gar Luers

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m looking for some pre tied gar lures. Something that’s legal in MN.

They’ve been having their way with my suckers and I might as well have a little fun with them while I’m waiting for the “big one”.

BBKK
    IA

A good one I’ve used in the past is a small musky inline spinner (a 4 or 5″ version) with the blade removed. Jig it and pop it around or twitch it while reel under the surface.. they go nuts on them! Get the tandem bucktail ones.. best to make your own though, little cheaper.

Guess a bucktail jig with a stinger treble would work too lol. Tan or silver is what I would be using if they are messing with your suckers.

If you want to live bait them, do a tandem hook rig with a piece of sucker meat double hooked. keep your hooks within 3″ of each other and slip a bead on before the first hook to make it legal in MN

Probably didnt help much, but that is what I have done to catch them.

mfreeman451

You might also try taking a spinning lure for bass, cut the hook off and take a piece of frayed rope and tie it around the end where the hook would be..

Quote:

A good one I’ve used in the past is a small musky inline spinner (a 4 or 5″ version) with the blade removed. Jig it and pop it around or twitch it while reel under the surface.. they go nuts on them! Get the tandem bucktail ones.. best to make your own though, little cheaper.

Guess a bucktail jig with a stinger treble would work too lol. Tan or silver is what I would be using if they are messing with your suckers.

If you want to live bait them, do a tandem hook rig with a piece of sucker meat double hooked. keep your hooks within 3″ of each other and slip a bead on before the first hook to make it legal in MN

Probably didnt help much, but that is what I have done to catch them.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

If you can find the current issue of the Minnesota Conservation Volunteer there is a great Gar article in there.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Garrrhhhh!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

GAr-yah-yah!

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

If you don’t want to make your own. Or I may have a couple laying around my house.

Rope Lure

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.