ROD TRANSPORTERS

• Tyler Schaefer
    Southern Minnesota

What does everyone use for transpoting rods and storing rods, Whats a good bag, or is there a way to rig or trick out a pail? Please help me.. neutral ??? blush

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I use the Otter Rod Box and just bought a Frabil Rod Safe

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Scroll down a page or two in ice-fishing forum. There was a recent discussion and I added a link from last year’s discussion. Many opions and ideas shown for all price ranges

evobassfish

Depending on how you get to your fishing spot will determine what case/bag/transporter is right for you. If you are pulling or driving I’d recommend a hard case, any will do just depends how much you want to pay. If traveling by foot, theres no better bag/transporter case IMO than the striker transporter bag. Lots of room, fits rods up to 36″, side compartments for jig boxes. I dont even carry a bucket anymore. Throw a couple plastics bags inside for my catch, auger in one hand, flasher in the other and away I go. Light and efficient.

YoungGunz2
    Maple Grove MN

right now I am currently using a bag that I got off of http://www.icefish.com and highly recommend it, it works like a charm, its very simple and holds 4 rods a tip-up and some small tackle boxes.

crappielover89

getting ready to order a otter rod box but right now i use an old rifle case that i had.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

I use the Stone Legacy “Revolution” bag.
    Unfortunately no longer made.
    Can carry 6 combo’s with 2 blank rods snugly or 4 comfortable. It also has a pouch above the rods for my tackle, extra gloves, gps, extra reels and a tip down or tip ups.
    IMO, by far the most versatile bag ever made.
    going on 8 years of use.

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

Otter Box. Keeps everything snug and in place.

ninrugger

So far the cheapest for the money I’ve found has been the Flambeau tactical 40″ AR/MSR case. Right now it’s 29 bucks at walmart.com

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

You can store your rods and reels in MY Otterbox if you want to. jester

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

i use the ice fishing innovations case. its big and bulky, but it fites 8 rods easily with tackle cases and tooling like needle nose pliers and such.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.