Rod tip guide glue ?

• cheers

I need to glue a slip on rod tip on my favorite rod . I don’t have the ferrel glue available . Would hot glue gun glue work or would JB weld be better? Or is there a better alternative ?
    Thanks

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I would use a hot melt glue – not super glue. If you have to remover it later for any reason much easier to remove.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I would use a hot melt glue – not super glue. If you have to remover it later for any reason much easier to remove.

Ditto

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

One trick with hot glue is to slice fine strands of hot glue and place into the new rod tip. Heat with a lighter to melt then fit in place and align.

tswoboda

One trick with hot glue is to slice fine strands of hot glue and place into the new rod tip. Heat with a lighter to melt then fit in place and align.

This is exactly how to do it. Hot glue is fine but actual tip top adhesive is a stronger bond. You can get a stick for less than $5.

Don’t use anything permanent like super glue or epoxy.

I’d say super glue due to past experience, assuming you don’t plan on replacing the rod tip again in the future. Holds better than hot-melt glue IMO

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Always plan on being able to replace the rod tip. You never know what might happen. Don’t use super glue. Tip top adhesive is cheap. If anything swing into Thorne brothers or find a rod builder and have them do it for you. If you are around me I will do it for you for free. It take 2 min.

cheers

Thanks for the help and generous offer .
    Unfortunately I am nowhere near the city’s

Brady Valberg

Where r u located? I would assume someone knows someone relatively close that could fix it for you

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

Gorilla glue and zip kicker works for me

Deuces

Gum.

Fruit stripes works much better than big red.

cheers

all fixed!
    found some tip glue and tip in a bait store
    thanks for all the responses

munchy
    NULL

I’ve tried hot glue in the past and ran into issues with the sun heating and loosening it up.

Epoxy works well but only use a tiny amount. A small bit of heat from a lighter will typically loosen it if needed.

Tip glue works as well but not typically readily available at local stores.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Always plan on being able to replace the rod tip. You never know what might happen. Don’t use super glue. Tip top adhesive is cheap. If anything swing into Thorne brothers or find a rod builder and have them do it for you. If you are around me I will do it for you for free. It take 2 min.

OK, I’ll be swinging on by.
    BTW – looks like they’re ready to start framing. waytogo

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

The only time I remove a rod tip is when it breaks off so any kind we do.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

OK, I’ll be swinging on by.
    BTW – looks like they’re ready to start framing.

Anytime. I am always happy to help.
    I am just waiting. Trusses are 2 more weeks out.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

That’s a good tip! Thanks

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

mark-bruzek wrote:

That’s a good tip! Thanks

An easer way is to use your hot glue gun and make thin lines on wax paper. Than stuff and cut off the extra. I would still recommend tip top adhesive over hot glue.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.