Rod guides

• Umy
    South Metro

One of the middle guides on my Abu Garcia Veritas broke and I want to replace it.
    Asked Abu about it online but they apparently don’t check their “connect with us” desk very often.
    I can find dozens of sites that talk about it online but really want to know if there is one place I can go that will show me how and what I need to buy to fix this.
    Do I need special equipment?
    Do I need special/certain product?
    Where’s the best place to order product from?
    HOW do I do it – step by step somewhere I can look at to learn.

Any help – greatly appreciated>

MX1825

I would just have 1 of the rod builder guys on here repair/replace it. Maybe Thorne Bros. would repair it.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I agree with MX. Blue Ribbon Bait sends them out to a rod builder to repair them. Should cost less than 15.00 and their turn around has been within a week for me. You probably need a rod building bench, thread, new eye, and epoxy to fix it yourself.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Send Rod Works a PM. He’s in Farmington

Nick Schmitz

I’ll do it for 20 bucks. Will take more than a week though. Would have to get the rod, asses the problem guide and get one ordered. Then about one day to repair and epoxy.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Send Rod Works a PM. He’s in Farmington

I do live in Farmington and would be happy to help. OR
    To fix the guide you would need: a guide, thread, and epoxy. (look at Jann’s Netcraft or Mudhole. There are lots of places you can get supplies) Start by cutting 2 V on opposite ends of a shoe box. This will be your wrapping jig. Order rod building thread. It looks just like sewing machine thread but way stronger. After you wrap on the guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq3aK9zhyus) Mix the epoxy, apply, and rotate 180 every 15 min for the first 4 hours, every 30 min for another 4 hour, then every hour for a total of 24 hours. I could go into more detail on how to do this. But it would be cheaper to have someone just do it for you vs buying the stuff. Just the thread is $4 and shipping for that thread is $10.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Maybe Thorne Bros. would repair it.

This and you could drop it off there tonight on the way to the GTG. waytogo

Umy
    South Metro

You guys rock. Thank you.
    I will reach out you rod guy when I get back in town. APPRECIATE all the help guys!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.