Ice Fishing around Southern WI

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Who’s ice fishing?

lundmann23
    Franklin

nobody, waiting for open water. i heard you can get a boat in at the dells but theres still a lot of ice floating around!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I am !!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’m going this weekend, I hope I will catch some fish so I can do a report.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

do you get any days off during the middle of the week ? if so c’mon up !!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

did real well on the crappies this afternoon !! 30 -40 of them in 3 hours…average size was 9 inches with a hand full in the 10 + inch mark !!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

No days off durning the week, only if I take vacation and I all ready have that all booked up. One of these times Dave we will get together. Most likely when open water is around.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’m waiting for the ice to move too! And it shouldn’t be long now. I drove through Fort a few times last week and I know I wouldn’t walk on it anymore. I got my rods & reels ready this last weekend.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i’ve been catching a lot of these at lake michigan lately!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

jeff, where have you been? whats the river looking like? pulled the boat out of storage. heading out on the lake for some brown action tomorrow!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’ve been bummin. Can’t wait to get the boat out myself. I will be at the Madison Fishing Expo this weekend selling jigs for Fin-tech. Are you coming to the expo?

lundmann23
    Franklin

was thinking about it but the browns have really been hitting and it looks like a nice weekend. when you gonna come fish the big pond, now is the time!!

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Are they getting any perch down on the lake??

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Hello Bola,

Long time no chat. I met you this fall during the walleye bit and I can’t wait for the river to open up. I plan to do some recon soon on the river. I will let you know if I see anything interesting.

Diesel

lundmann23
    Franklin

hard water, we have been getting a couple perch each time out but its not worth targeting them. i did see a couple limits but there not the jumbos i’m used to seeing. if you take your boat out to the gaps you may be able to find them but as of last week there was some ice by the walls. i’m sure its fine by now. i have been doing really good out of bender. if your interested in brown fishing, let me know, i have off next week!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Good to hear from you Diesel, I river should be open in another week IF the weather stay the same. Saw some guys fishing from shore this morning by robert street bridge. Still to much ice for boats, anound the shore is just starting to let lose. Mike keep the reports coming, saw you brother at the expo.

lundmann23
    Franklin

got our limit both friday and sunday. fishing on the lake is outstanding right now. it was so rough on sunday that on the way in i hit a wave and when i came down, my buddy fell out of his seat and bent the hinges on my boat seat in half… but i couldn’t leave, the fish were hitting. could not troll with more than 4 rods. i should have some pictures up in a little while. jeff, keep me posted on the river. i’m starting to get the walleye shakes!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

nice fish Mike. The river will take another week yet.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.