Anchor Inn Walleye League and Tournament dates set

• Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Anchor Inn walleye tournament will be May 16, 2009 7:00am-3:00pm same entry fee as last year ($60.00) per boat. The Thursday night contest will start April 23, 2009 at 4:30pm and will run for 11 weeks. Entry fee of $10.00 per person. Should be on Anchor’s web site by end of week.

rbfishing

Always wanted to participate in tournaments that are advertised, however I am a little embarrassed of my boat set up and was wondering if others have boats that are less than impressive and are fished in these tournaments. I know its not the boat that catches the fish but I dont want to look ridiculous.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Showing up with zero fish is embarrasing. Bringing in a huge sack in the ugliest boat in the field is awesome.

matttienter1

I don’t know if you are familiar with hall of fame fishing guide the GRIZZ. But he would rather fish out his jon boat than his 620t ranger any day of the week.Nobody would be laughing at him at the starting launch.It’s just a platform.
    Hope you go for it!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

When I use my boat it’s a 14′ Alumacraft Lunker with a 25 hp Mercury. Looking forward to having you join us.

bck
    Big Stone Lake Sd

Quote:

Showing up with zero fish is embarrasing. Bringing in a huge sack in the ugliest boat in the field is awesome.

I agree 100% i run a 620 and fish about 5 tournaments a year, no one cares what boat you run, just the fish you weigh in. Go for it, I wish you the best of luck

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It looks like we better keep those hooks sharp, here’s another good cause to fish for…

Fishing For a Cure Walleye Fishing Tournament to benefit the A-T Childrens Project
    9000 dollars in cash and prizes (based on 100 teams) Pay out Top 35 teams 2 man teams 5 fish per boat Teams of Two 125 dollars 25 dollar team fee will go to Lake Improvement Programs

Door Prizes Food entertainment Prizes For the Top 2 fundraiser

Saturday June 13th 2009

Where: Anchor Inn

We are also looking for Sponsors

Register online by June 6th or contact Kim Devitt @ 608-295-3093 [email protected] Website: atcp.org

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

always wanted to fish in the league. but do you have to be 18 or fish with an adult? i could probably get a permission thing signed by one of my parents. would that work. have a boat and a couple of partners too.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

No you can’t, you’re too good now and we don’t need any more competition. All but the sign up happens outside and I’m sure they could accomodate you and long as you let me know at least one of your secrets and drill a small hole in your boat so you have to quit early.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

well all of that sounds good except the small hole part i dont think my dad would appreciate it. looks like we’ll be fishing a couple in later may and june. i dont know about those secrets i didnt think i had any

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I have some secerts but if I told you my wife might get mad

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

WOW, this is the last Thursday night tourney for the season. Time goes so fast, this is the 11th and final week and a special week for the anglers. It’s just not walleyes to weigh in it’s any big fish to win, yes any big fish. Not total weight for all fish just one big fish of any kind, cat, carp ,pike or even a big walleye. Heavyest fish take home the money. Hope to see all you there. I think I know what I’m going for but just have to see what kind of weather this week.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.