July Fishing Reports

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Looks like July is going to be as tough as June for catching walleyes. One little snake this weekend.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I got one short walleye jigging, a couple nice catfish though. I did miss one nice fish down by the mouth, not sure what it was. My dad said his friend has been catching some nice ones trolling in front of his house on the lake though. I’m heading out at 3 today with him and his buddy to try it ourselves and will let you know how it goes.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Must be nice?!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Was out from 3:30 – 7:30, one 16″ walleye and a sheephead. Hooked something big but didn’t see what it was before it got off – thinking it was a big pike. All quality bites came down near the mouth on jig and crawler.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I want your job!!!

Better yet, I want to live that close to the Rock!!

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Went out late tonight, just at dark! What in the heck is going on with sheephead and crankbaits…couldnt keep them off the line. Got blown off water at 10:30

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Anybody do any good this weekend?

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I was out from 5:30-9:30 Saturday morning and got one small walleye and one carp, not many bites either.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

May be tough for walleyes but the other big ones are bitting. I took my dad for a little ride down the river, stopped and casted a perch X-Rap for 15 minutes and got slammed by a 35.5″ northern. I was with my dad so he took that one home for dinner tonight. She was bleeding bad anyway, it took the rap way back in her throat, tore a gill and was bleeding badly. I’m looking forward to getting back out tomorrow evening but won’t be able to share the photo until I return to work next week – sure is nice to be on vacation!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Still a slow bite for me. Anyone else out that’s willing to share some tips to catch some eyes on the rock this time of year please share. Thanks

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

No help here. Haven’t been to the Rock since spring. But then again, like I would be any help anyway.

Maybe see yall when I get the boat running again.

D

z-man
    Dousman, WI

You guys are starting to worry me a bit….where’s the confidence I’m used to seeing from ya’ll. I could get cocky here and say that I’ll have to go out there and find them eyes for you, but then you know what would happen….I’d be the one getting skunked and begging for help. So I’ll be laying low for a while longer (not because I want to, but because I just plain a$$ don’t have the time ), and start pitching in for the eye hunt in a few weeks…but by that time, , I’m confident that you Rock River Rats will be back on the bite, assuming you get your boats running . (don’t forget to PM me when you are ). Good luck in the meantime.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

ha ha

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The fishing has been so slow this year I took up tubing

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Check out my new ride! It’s actually my dad’s like the Lund but it’s in my garage. It’s a Lunker V14 LTD and looks a lot like someone else’s boat I’ve fished in especially if I deck it out with lots of decals. Jeff, do you have any more of those stickers? I want to be on the Fin-tech team too! I took the boat out for it’s first run last night and tried fishing at the marina and pipe for a few minutes, one bite, no fish. It’s a little hard to fish for walleyes without a trolling motor and I was using Gulp! The lake was nice and smooth though and the boat did about 30 mph so it was a nice way to cool off.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stickers is what it takes to catch fish on the rock. I guess I gotta get some of those. Nice rig and keep up the reports since Jeff has gone into hibernation.

Tubing? Come on man ya killin me

z-man
    Dousman, WI

comm’on Diesel. I think you’re way too tough on yourself….just consider yourself a late bloomer.
    And I bet if you took a close look at Jeff the tubing king, he’d probably have a rod in one hand trolling while he’s at it. (Not in the river, off course, but in the lake).
    Looks like Databoy is the most motivated of the group to seek out the elusive eyes….don’t forget who your buddies are when you find ’em. Nice rig.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

A late bloomer? I thought I peaked out already. Fishing seems to have slipped a lot after marriage.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Nice Boat Databoy,

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Nice boat Greg, I use to have one just like that. I fished Tuesday to only catch one 26″ pike, 10″ cat and a 8″ sheepie. As far as stickers I shoild be able to round a few up.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks Jeff, there’s just a couple scratches on the boat – especially on port side and it looks like they all happened at one time. I also have to figure out why the boat pulls a little to the left at full throttle. I may take it for another spin Friday evening, otherwise I’ll be shopping for a bow mount trolling motor. Any suggestions? I’ll also have to see how much Geno will charge to mount it at the marina. I have quite a list of things to do… trailer dolly wheel, touch up the trailer rust, check the fuel filter, lube, change gear oil, find a painter to paint on the boat numbers… hopefully I’ll be ready for fishing once I know someone is catching them again.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I priced bow mounts at Gander Mt. yesterday then talked to Geno. They have them at the same price and will mount it for $50. Anyone fishing this weekend? I’m hoping on being out Sunday.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Cabela’s has free shipping did you check those out. You should be able to mount it yourself. I’ll even mount it for $40 or computer fix.

I’ll be gone for the weekend. Connor’s last baseball tourney. Then back to fishing.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I just checked Cabelas and they’re at least $20 more than Geno’s price at Patten’s Marina, depending on the model. I think I’m going to get the Minn Kota V2 PowerDrive 40 for about $400. 40# should be enough for that boat, going to a 55# probably isn’t necessary and over $150 more.

After the baseball wins let’s go fishing again when you get some time and we’ll talk about that computer you’re having trouble with.

In the meantime, I think I’m going to have to go after those gills Sunday and wait to hit the river after the troller is installed early next week. I know I could mount it myself but if I buy tools my wife will make me stay home too much and fix other stuff. Ya’ always gotta be thinging ahead you know!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Man this thread seems to a be a two way conversation with Databoy and BOLA. Ed and I need to quite screwing about with the priorities and get back to fishing.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.