Rock River & Lake Koshkonong June Reports

• Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

You guys sound like your having too much fun and it might be time for me to crash your party. The Madison lakes are too thick with weeds so I’ve been hanging out at Ripley. With my little boat I’m pretty much stuck to the leeward side of the lake though. Are the weeds too thick for my trolling motor out there or do you think I can make it? I haven’t seen the Kosh yet this month, maybe I’ll try those smallies too and leave a few more eyes for you experts since my battery is only good for a few good passes. I’m hoping this weekend will still be ok and most vacationers will wait until the following weekend when I’m up north. Good luck, hope to see you on the lake – I’ll be out Friday for sure and hopefully either Saturday or Sunday.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Databoy, trust me on this one. Mike(Lundman23) is not catching smallies on Kosh. He was talking about Lake Michigan(The big pound). I don’t think you want to venture out on this Lake or Kosh with your trolling motor. I would stick to Ripley. Just so you know I did catch a smallie Monday morning. It’s good to see there taking off in that lake. I hope they get big, like the four pound range. Ripley has a great bite going right now. I think I will fish there for a couple more weeks. What I like about fishing Ripley is I can take a swim. I kind of stay away from swimming on Kosh.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mike hows your sunburn? Haven’t you heard of sun screen?
    Have you started itching yet?

PS. My wife sells avon they have sun screen, would you like to buy some?

lundmann23
    Franklin

i have been itching so bad i thought my dog gave me fleas. sunscreen, whats that, never heard of it!!! i only burn once a year, after that its all tan. i work outside all day so by the end of august i look like a different race.

as for the smallmouths, i was talking about lake michigan. don’t let it slip out to much, its a well kept secret.

kapnjim

Hi Bola, nice talking with you at the Big K. I am going to give the mighty Koshkonong a rest and head to Leech Lake and try to catch some muskies. Good luck to all who attack the green pond.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Good luck kap n jim up north. Good to see you active on this FTR. Welcome aboard.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks Jeff, I’ll be out on Ripley Friday hanging out in the bay by the Marina or Milwaukee Bay. Stop by if you’re in the area but save some fish for me

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Anglers, the fishing on the dead sea was awesome this weekend. I caught most of my fish in the middle of the day. All my fish were caught shallow in three to five feet of water jigging live bait or casting cranks. The more boat traffic the better for me. When the boats stop running the fish spread out then and were harder to catch. Here is a nice eye I caught jigging live bait. I heard that lots of anglers were getting fish trolling the lake, some anglers said that they were getting as many as 18 keepers a trip. But they didn’t have no pictures to back it up like always.

PS. Like always this fish was CPR.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.