Rock River & Lake Koshkonong June Reports

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi anglers, the start of June has been a good one. Walleyes, catfish, notherens and whitebass are all being caught. Lots of walleyes on Lake koshkonong are being caught trolling. If you like to troll this is the time. You still can catch some good eyes on jigging live bait like I do. Fatheads on a 3/8’s glow/green Zone R by Fin-Tech did the job this weekend just like always. These fish were all CPR Saturday and Sunday.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Sundays fish. All CPR.

PS.Are you happy T-2-T now?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Fish from my trip last week up at Eagle River.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Here another fish.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Now that I have your attention check this one out. All these smallies should have been on the wall. But they were all CPR. Most of my fish were caught on the nuckle ball jig “Bass-N” with Fin-craw or a leech in three to ten foot of water.

lundmann23
    Franklin

nice fish jeff. keep em’ comin!!!

kevin
    hancock,wi

Nice fish jeff sorry i have been very busy.Made it out to the rock in jefferson below the dam and at the bend after the briges and only caught a couple kitty cats and a few small eyes,looks like your doing alot better.
    Kevin Budny
    LET EM RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

As long as you guys like fish pic’s. Check out this largemouth I caught last week also.

lundmann23
    Franklin

you shouldn’t be posting all these tiny fish.j/k, nice bass, about 5 pounds? what and where did you get that one.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mike I’ll tell you this hot spot but you owe me one hot spot first of your own. Or you will have to $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i’m willing to trade one of my hot spots on bago. you give up your spot first!!!!!! when i talked to you last, you sounded like you wanted to give bago a try, so i think its a fair trade. the only other place i fish is kosh and the rock and you already know a lot more spots than me.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mike you got a deal. Fished Kosh Saturday and caught lots of little eyes and lost a nice fish at the boat and caught one nice 20″ that I CPR. Should have a picture up by Tuesday. Water has dropped 24″ in the last 10 days. Lets hope this rain brings it back up. Its time to watch out for rocks again.

lundmann23
    Franklin

didn’t do much fishing this weekend. went to beulah and mostly messed around with the aqua view and the dog. i can’t keep her in the boat. every time i cast, she wants to bring my lure back for me. caught a few bass and norts. i saw some really nice fish on the camera in about 35 feet of water. wierd to see bass down that deep but they were some honkers.
    jeff, keep me posted on that water level, i heard one report that the launch at charlie bluff was only about a foot deep.
    Heading up to eagle river on thursday for four days. hopefully my luck is as good as yours was!
    Mike

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi anglers, went fishing this morning with Rick Burnidge and caught some nice catfish and white bass. To catch the catfish we floated the wall with slip bobbers and use leeches as bait and a spray of bang crawfish scent. For the white bass we jigged 1/8 jigs with small fathead minnow. for about a hour we anchored and tossed white twistertails and it also caught whitebass. should have some pictures up by next week.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Anglers, Walleyes are still on a average bite. You can can trolling or jigging for them. Most anglers are trolling but I like to jig. Here’s a nice walleye I caught vertical jigging in four foot of water Saturday.

lundmann23
    Franklin

just wanted to tell everyone to have a nice weekend. i am heading up to eagle river tomorrow for four days. hopefully the weather holds and we get some warmer weather. i’m also hoping to put my first legal muskie in the boat. i heard of a 53 incher caught up there in a tournament last week. well good luck and tight lines!!
    Mike

lundmann23
    Franklin

wheres all the reports. i’m gone for 4 days and nothing new. jeff, i know you have been on kosh atleast once. i saw the big write up in sundays paper about kosh. that lake will get hammered with lots of guys now.

as for my trip up north, nothing to write home about. fishing was average with lots of little walleyes being caught. we caught lots of smallies but nothing to big. the biggest eye was 22 and the biggest smallie was 18. ok, but not what we were looking for. i think the full moon and 2 inches of rain had something to do with the ok fishing!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

another thing i forgot. those of you who don’t have an aqua view really should think about getting one. its amazing how many fish you see in the water. i saw lots of large fish but was unable to get any of them to bite. its really cool when you see a huge northern staring right into the camera.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mike what lakes did you fish?

Fishing on Kosh was all right this weekend. I caught nice fish Friday, Saturday. Sunday was a different story, first time I went home empty handed. Spent most of the afternoon trying to get the green bugs off my boat. Friday and Saturday I fished in the afternoon and Sunday I tried the morning. I think I’ll stick to the afternoons. I’ll post some picture by the end of the week.

lundmann23
    Franklin

we fished franklin, roberts, maiden, and trump. we stayed a little south of eagle river so we only fished up there one day on franklin. we stayed on roberts so we decided to fish that mostly. my brother was in control so we had to fish where he wanted to.

lundmann23
    Franklin

hows the fishing? haven’t heard anything in a while. unfortunately i will be staying home this weekend due to boat being in shop!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

That’s got to be a bummer. Should of got a Alumacraft. Last weekend did real good Friday and Saturday, I will have pictures Tuesday for last weekend and this weekend. This weekend should take the rest of the film up. Went to Lake Ripley this morning and caught some nice gills. I will be fishing the Rock Saturday and Sunday. Will post Monday or Tuesday. Water is low again so fishing will be tough. Last weekend I caught my fish in four foot of water jigging. One of the fish was a dandy.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I was on Ripley Friday too with one of my boys from 11-2. We got a few nice Smallies by the marina again.

lundmann23
    Franklin

if i had an alumacraft i would never see it. it would probably fall apart from all the rough water i fish in. anyways i picked my boat up this morning and took dad out fishing on lake michigan. had our limit of perch in a couple hours. all over 13 inches. i thought i was walleye fishing. these things are huge. the limit is 5 per guy but when there that size, it doesn’t matter. might head to kosh tomorrow otherwise i will be chasing perch again!! jeff, don’t take it personal about alumacrafts, i know there good but you can’t beat a lund!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

jeff, if you happen to read this message before sunday afternoon, turn your cell on, wondering if its worth the drive to kosh today. heading somewhere in a little while!! thanks, mike

lundmann23
    Franklin

fished kosh on sunday. managed 2 really nice eys. one 22 and one 23 and 3/4. jeff, our board popped with the bigger one right after you left. both fish were cpr’ed. also caught about 6 little eyes and 10 white bass. also caught a really wicked sun burn!!!! all fish were caught on cranks at about 2.5 mph.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Went to Lake Ripley again this morning and caught some nice gills. Kept 8 for the frying pan all fish were caught in 8 to 12 foot of water. I was using wax worms on two rods and a half of a crawler on the other rod. Got enough gills for a while nows its back to Kosh so guys move over, here I come.

PS. Mike I’m glad your catching some eyes, I wish you would post your pictures so other anglers could see those nice fish you caught. I saw one and it was a nice, it’s about time you show me a fish. You know who’s usally is holding up the fish . As far as the slam on the alumacraft, no I’m not I was expected that from a lund owner..

lundmann23
    Franklin

i’m in the market for a digital camera. soon i will be posting pics, once i buy one and figure out how to use the damn thing. the algae was pretty bad on the lake. not sure how it affects the fishing though. i might be at it again this weekend if my sunburn is healed. i don’t know where these eyes are gonna go, the water temp was almost to 80 when i left sunday night. temps this week are forecasted be in the 90’s.

lundmann23
    Franklin

jeff, i also forgot to mention that i caught 2 nice smallies while perch fishing on the big pond. i haven’t heard any reports but i’m gonna give them a try soon. will let you know how i do.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.