Z-man and Diesel on new adventure

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Well Sunday Z-man (Ed) and I decided to give the Rock River a try once again. Ed resorted to putting the pressure on my to find fish so we took the advice of Jeff Partrick and headed out. Beautiful day to be out. Got on the water at 1200 and realized I left the control to my trolling motor at the house . But Ed being the guy he is said “well you got an oar don’t ya” So to make the trip worthwile we started up the forty and headed down river to the mouth of Kosh with paddle in hand. After finding the right depth in the channel Ed hooked into a small one that flopped off at the boat. A good sign because I could put him on the fish be it was up to him to get it in the boat . After the boat traffic picked up the fishing slowed and we explored based on some trip Jeff has posted on IDA before. We found fishing on a sand/mud break in 4 feet of water right in the middle of all the roaring boat!!! We could not believe it!!!

Consistently caught fish including this 18 incher. Opps typo. I mean 8 incher. Forgetting the control turned out to be a blessing as it made us really work on the presentation. SLOW, SLOW, and SLOW.

Great day out ended up with about two dozen walleyes with three keepers at about 16 inches. Used Jig with leeches and crawlers.

Diesel

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Ed got to experience Rock River boat traffic at its best. Here is a family trying to tube through a fleet of boaters.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

And lastly the reason why we fish. Sorry not a fish but a very nice evening.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

You got to experience combat fishing on the Rock. Your a braver man than me Gunga Din. LOL
    I avoid the mouth like the plague come wknds. Too many idiots.
    A buddy and I were out Sun too. He ended up with 3 eyes – 2 shorts and a 26″er and I got zip. Got some Sheephead and Great Whites too. Nice day to be out.

Nice pics too BTW.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Nice pic’s. I’m glad you had fun, that’s what it’s all about.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

And does the adventure continue on the Big Pond on Wednesday, Diesel??? Stay tuned to this site…..(but may have to post on different thread).

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Got the final blessing from the wife. I’ll give ya a call tonight

D

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Come on you guys quit doing that. Our you trying to tease me?

z-man
    Dousman, WI

The adventure did in fact continue…details on Lake Michigan thread. Since I forgot to bring my digital to work today, pics will be posted next week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.