Any reports??

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Any reports guys? JP, Z, Carpking? I need my fix and plan an attack on Kosh. Looking to get the maiden voyage next weekend. The wife’s tired of me complaining

Diesel

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Just got back to town tonight and was hoping to see some reports myself as well. I will be venturing out Friday to see whats happening!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Walleyes are always biting just have to work at it to see what there biting on. There’s a good trolling bite going on right now on good eater fish and if you want to get a big fish stick to jigging in the river. Not lots of fish but the ones you catch are nice one’s, to big to eat.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Too big to eat huh

Sounds like you are mixing inches and millimeters on your measuring tape again.

Thanks for the motivation.

D

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

Too big to eat huh

Sounds like you are mixing inches and millimeters on your measuring tape again.

Thanks for the motivation.

D

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Gettin back into the action soon…was boatless for a week or so…..(8 days, and 5 hours to be exact), but picked up the replacement tub on Wednesday. Got some rigging to do though, so not sure when it’s gonna be fishing-worthy. Will be keeping any eye out on this board though, especially Diesel….its been so long for him, I know he aint gonna be giving up till he has a boat-full. Good luck.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Guys I will be gone fishing smallies for a few days.

Just to give you guys a update on Rock and Kosh. Good eyes are being caught trolling and eyes are on a bitting frenzy in the river on Blackhawk. Have fun and throw a few back for me.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

Took and trolled Kosh Monday for half the day. NICE day to be out. Ended up with 4 short Norts , a few whitebass and a short walleye. Lost a crank to somthing with sharp teeth and lost a bigger fish half way to the boat.
    All that and about a bazillion bugs. CRIPES ! The floor of the boat actualy got kinda slippery from all the smashed bugs.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Fished Sunday afternoon, got on the water for the last five minutes of rain, then it got nice. Water temp was right at 63 degrees, no depth since locater wasnt working! Caught 9 walleyes and 8 northerns and one white bass between two of us. All walleyes nice and healthy and fat, 3 above legal size all back swimming. The northerns all in 10 to 14 inch range compared to last years 6 inchers. Will be back out Thursday again. All fish caught trolling, jointed shad raps and weapons! Color didnt matter as long as it was firetiger.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Water looks like pea soup today, quite a difference from Sunday. Temperature is up near mid 70’s as well. The white bass are on a tear, couldnt keep the pesky buggers off my lines. Pretty decent size to them as well. Managed to boat 5 eyes and a really nice sauger – first sauger Ive taken so far into the lake!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Well guys memorial day was good and bad for me. Caught a 7.5 lb largemouth out of the pond to capture big bass awards for the family gathering. But that evening my back went out and I am done for a bit . This sucks. As soon as I get the pic I will post for you guys. I know it is not a real fish (eyes only count )

Thanks for the update CK.

D

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Any association between the big bass and the sore back……hmmmm, may want to consider leaving the bass to the younger guys.. Hope you heal up real quick and get back out there. I’ve been laying low myself, cuz havent had much time to get the boat rigged. soon, though, I hope.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

I was out Tuesday afternoon/evening. The water temps were pretty high at 79.4 and there is a huge algae bloom going on…..dont remember ever seeing it this bad! On the plus side, the whitebass are really on the feedbag! The eyes on the other hand were a bit tight lipped! Looking like a Friday afternoon trip is upcoming, hope it cools down just a tad.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Ed you better get your boat rigged now. The big fish are in the river.

Quote:

Any association between the big bass and the sore back……hmmmm, may want to consider leaving the bass to the younger guys.. Hope you heal up real quick and get back out there. I’ve been laying low myself, cuz havent had much time to get the boat rigged. soon, though, I hope.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Water temp that high only means one thing.

Quote:

I was out Tuesday afternoon/evening. The water temps were pretty high at 79.4 and there is a huge algae bloom going on…..dont remember ever seeing it this bad! On the plus side, the whitebass are really on the feedbag! The eyes on the other hand were a bit tight lipped! Looking like a Friday afternoon trip is upcoming, hope it cools down just a tad.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Yeah, sunburn from dragging lines all day?

remingtonhunting
    Southern WI

Was out on the Rock yest. morning and this afternoon. Caught a bunch of little smallies (one decent one around 16″ today), a smaller eye, a sauger, and even a little muskie today! First muskie of the year for me. Was using little crappie jigs in about 3 fow. And no carp or drum for once! Was nice to get out and actually catch some GAME fish! All CPR’d

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Made it out Friday 5:30 am and quit about 10 am. One solid hit on plastic, and that was it. fished the river from VA down to Kosh, pitching shallow at first and jigging thru holes later.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Sounds like it has been pretty quiet on the Rock. Anybody got any update? How is the water level looking on the rock and kosh?

Derek

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Lower Rock is terrible, though it did go up an inch! Kosh is at near normal summer level. Boat traffic is horrendous though. I have been concentrating more near mouths of river as I’m finding some whites. There are a lot of good sized cats floating in the lake, I wonder if algae is finally cutting off O2.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

There’s a good bite still going on the river vertical jigging or dragging jigs with live bite. Trolled the rock pile last Friday and picked up two eyes one white bass and two small pike. Remember the hotter the weather the better the fishing.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Plan on getting out tomorrow early morning if I can get the depthfinder up and running. Will let you folks know what happens.

That’s right the third time out for the year. Yeah me

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Sunday, Sunday, River

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.