9/19/04 Lake Koshkonong Walleye Report

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Well all and all I can’t wait for the water temp to drop. Water temps are still in the low 70’s and walleye fishing is slow. On Saturday around 2:30 I decided to hit the water for some walleye fishing until dark. I thought I would start off trolling the lake. When I got to one of my favorite spots to troll I saw IDA member Derek (a.k.a Diesel)and stop to say hi and ask how’s fishing. After about an hour with no results I decided to bring in the boards and get out my pitching rod and pitch some jigs and crawlers around the rock bar that I was trolling around. It didn’t long and I caught a 14 inch and then another, I called out to Derek to come over and join the fun. After about an hour or two with only one keeper to show for it which was a nice 17 incher I told Derek I’m heading back to the river to fish the shallow wood until dark. Derek decide to join me and off we went. On my way back to the river going around 50 I hit a wave from a pontona and it jerk my head back and off went the my new in-depth hat . I turn around to look for it but that color matches the water at that time of day or they sink and coudn’t find my hat. Well one thing will come out of this is the person that finds the hat most likely will vist the site unless it sunk. So back to fishing the wood for about 30 minutes vertical jigging nuckle ball jigs with half crawler did not produce anything so on my way home I went with Derek right behind. It sure was great to be out on the water and can’t wait for the next time.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Another good report Jeff! Walleyes are definately on the slow right now. I took my New Hampshire brother out last Thursday for a taste of river jigging in a storm. With anchor dragging, the wind managed to blow us up river at 3mph! The Mettalic Blue Knuckleball Jig managed to pull in a few fish including this one! Notice the lesions on this fish! It looks like it may have been in a livewell or something. I dont normally keep fish this size but did keep it due to condition of its health! I will be back out Monday and since I have a knack for snagging odd items, I’m sure I will catch your hat!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Come on anglers talk to me, are you catching fish? I’m in a rut.

PS. sometimes I wish I liked duck hunting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.