March Fish Reports

• Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Started the month too cold to effectively ice fish then froze trying to hunt but at least results were better.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Ok so we can’t fish open water but at least I can give credit where credit is due. Tomorrow my wife and I celebrate our 15th anniversary. For those of you that know my wife please extend thanks to her on my behalf if you happen to see her for supporting my fishing endeavors. I owe my a big chunk of my fishing success to my wife. When we met she was the one that rekindled my interest in fishing after sharing fishing stories from her childhood. She’s the one that encouraged me to continue when I got off to a slow start and the one that willingly allowed me to give up family time to pursue quality time on the water. She’s the one that doesn’t grumble when I spend a little too much on fishing and she’s still supporting me today. I hope those of you that are married are lucky enough to have the support from your spouse and when I happen to see them I’ll be sure to thank them for letting you fish too!

robby
    Quad Cities

Congratulations!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I love reading posts like this. Congratulations

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Congrats Greg. I have one of those myself. Spend a lot of time in a tree stand in the fall also.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks guys. Anybody ice fishing this weekend? I’m trying to decide if I fish Saturday or shop for my trip to Florida.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Belated congrats on the anniversary, gonna hit the sports show at state fair park saturday but want to get out fishing sunday. Will prolly just hit one of the Lauderdale lakes….

z-man
    Dousman, WI

All I want to know Greg, is does she have any sisters?

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Quote:

All I want to know Greg, is does she have any sisters?

What he said.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

You don’t want to go there!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

EZ & Gregg you made me break my silence Don’t do that again!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

JP….waking up just like a grizzy bear from hibernation. Ready to kick a– and take names on the river…

Looking forward to a good year…maybe in june when the river opens up…..

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Up here on the head end of the Rock, its great to see this “pause” in the melt. All the drainage ditches were up about 5 to 6 feet…lots of water rushing down. Drove by a few ditches earlier and the ice dropped about 3-4 feet. Unlike last year, they went up and stayed up.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

There’s a few open pockets on the river downtown Fort. That surge of water will likely start up again the next couple days and open it up more. Hopefully the meltdown stays slow without ice dams and flooding. In the meantime I’ll be back on the ice. WeFish has me convinced there’s gills to be taken on Ripley while there’s still some good ice. I know he’s planning on hitting it hard the next week or so and I’m hoping to join him Friday afternoon, Saturday and maybe one last time Tuesday before I put my ice gear away for the season.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

What time are you guys going out Saturday? May have to run up there and join you, have never fished Ripley and would like to try it….

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’ll let you know this afternoon after I see my brother. We’ll likely be there around 8 AM and stay until late afternoon. I think I’ve been told I need to be back home by 6 so I won’t be able to stay through the golden hour. We’ll be heading out from the public launch on Island Drive, then to the right off the landing to the East Bay. As bad as we’d like to head back to Fox Lake I don’t want to drive that far only to see poor access. It’s a much longer walk than going out on Ripley.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mostly Cloudy
    29°

16°

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of precip:10% Wind:NW at 15 mph
    Details

Wed
    Mar 26

Partly Cloudy
    39°

33°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of precip:10% Wind:S at 13 mph
    Details

Thu
    Mar 27

Rain
    42°

34°

Rain

Chance of rain:70% Wind:S at 15 mph
    Details

Fri
    Mar 28

Mostly Cloudy
    44°

29°

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of rain:10% Wind:NNW at 11 mph
    Details

Sat
    Mar 29

Sunny
    50°

35°

Sunny

Chance of rain:0% Wind:SW at 8 mph
    Details

Sun
    Mar 30

Partly Cloudy
    59°

42°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:0% Wind:S at 13 mph
    What does all this mean?

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Are you ready for some walleye.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

the deluge of water is on its way. River went up about 4-5 feet yesterday and spewing across the fields up here….Hopefully this cold spell slows it back down.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Quote:

Are you ready for some walleye.

I was born ready….now just gotta try to get the priorities squared away.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Shore fishing started in Fort, u could launch at Fort now but I would wait a few more days. Newville area launches open and water is low and waiting for the upper river & lake push. If I would have played my cards better I would have been fishing out of my boat today in Newville or am I? lol lips are sealed!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

cold this morning, can’t believe I posted that last night.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Water temp is still quite cool at 36*F +/- 1*. Sonar showed very few fish from VFW down to the lake. I fished chocolate milk-like water in depth of 2-20 feet and caught one clam that gave a mighty valiant effort. Otherwise, very few fish admittedly caught and I saw nary a one caught as I fished. Water is definitely up, but not flooding, yet. Beautiful day to be out just the same. Looks like April’s showers are on tap for the next few days.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Thanks for the info Bob. Sunday’s weather gave me a boost in the mindset to hurry up and quite putzing around with getting the boat additions finished up. Eager to get out now but not eager to deal with the yahoos that will be out in full force soon.

Then again I do like the trolling bite better anyway so maybe I will wait.

I don’t think so.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.