March Fishing Reports and Pictures

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Me and kv56 trading secrets at the Madison Fishing Expo.

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

You boyz see the temps that are starting Thursday!!! WhoOOOhOOO!!! I’ll be in my boat for sure!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Yes I have, after the 6 to 12 inch of snow Tuesday water levels should not be an issue for the spring run.

kv56
    Janesville

Would be nice to fill the pond back up. Fricken hate March, takes to long to get done. Think I’ll go spool some reels or something.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

kv get’em spooled it wouldn’t be long pal.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Rain never got me so pumped up before. Water levels are finally rising and the ice is breaking up. It still looks like it’ll at least be the end of the month before I see a rig on the river. Down side of the rain is I went shopping and dropped a couple bills on new Muck boots and rain pants.

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

Bonus Pike down at the dam.. Figured I’d snap a pic of this one before releasing, she had some real nice coloring… 4 of them toothy buggers nailed my jig, all around the 30″ mark.

kv56
    Janesville

way to go Nauga. Was hoping those big guys would be back after the summer die off.

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

@ KV56
    Chechk your messages ASAP!!!

kv56
    Janesville

thanks jeff, sent jason a message.

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

@ Z-Man – Check your messages ASAP!!!

Sorry KV, I meant to send that message to Z-man.

Nauga

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

any messages for me or fishing reports

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Is the river opening up at all in Fort??

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

A little here and there.
    WeFish

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

This cold snap was a great thing! Up here along Hy CW, (Lebanon area) the river went up about 4-5 feet and the ice lifted up with it and stayed covered. Most of the water in the fields has froze, so it will help slow down the run off considerably. Otherwise it would have been a freak of a mess with all the busted up ice jams that would have developed.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I took my driveby this morning and it’s locked up even too much for my canoe. It’s nice to see the river level up at least a couple feet though. It looks like it’ll be at least 3-4 weeks. At least I’m popping a few nice gills and crappies from the pond. WeFish, did you find any at Rip the last couple of months? I only made it out there once.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

Thats terrible i hope databoy is wrong and the river opens up by next weekend. Winter can go away any day now its march 15th not january 15th.

Rdiesel23

Been a long time boys, glad to see everyone pumped up for this year. Been lurking and reading the posts on the tourney, sounds like the Jopke brothers may need to enter and put the smack down. Still spots open?

How ya doin Jeff? Been a while since I’ve seen ya on the river. Plan on getting back out there a little more often this year. Good luck guys.
    Mike

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

Yes there are still a few spots open for the tournament.

Lemme know if you want in.

Nauga

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Drove around and hit some open spots on the river, ended up catching 12 twelve most 14 to 14 7/8 in.(walleye/sauger). nice day to be out, a little ice on the line but no big deal.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Happy Birthday River-Bank!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Happy Birthday Kelly Congrat on the 12 eyes, must have been fun.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Thanks guys was fun to dust off the open water gear. Was dragging my go to jig, pink head chart twister tail. Fort area wasnt producing, so I moved south

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I did hear they been catching them south.

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

Ben and I are leaving Wednesday morning for the Illinois River. We will be pre-fishing for 3 days before competing in this weekends MWC tournament in Spring Valley. $20,000 for 1st Place… Ohhhhhhh baby, that sure would fill my box full of jigs!!! Anyways, wish us luck boys, we will be representing Koshkonong and the Rock as best as we can!!!!

Nauga

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Good Luck…

and have some fun.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Good luck to you guys, maybe bring along a Packer helmet if the Asian carp are jumpin

kv56
    Janesville

Hey good luck guys. Check your drain plug before launching

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Unbelievable, the River actually opened up today from downtown Fort past Jones farm. You better get ready now!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Just like old times i donated a couple a couple jigs today and no bites. A blue ranger and a tub launched downtown. They looked bored fishing though. Didn’t see any white boats.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.