Rochesteroutdoors.net

• aaronbecker
    Mantorville, MN

Is the site dead? Haven’t visited the site in probably a few months and tried to go there today but I’m not getting anything to load on chrome, IE or mobile chrome. All that loads is a “pageok” at the top of the screen.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Ben that way for awhile , that sites ben dead for years coffee

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tyler and Andy let the site fade. Social media put that one to bed early.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I wouldn’t necessarily blame it on Tyler and Andy. I think they lost interest after hitting it too hard in it’s inception. I tried to put out a few reports last year to keep hope alive but it was crickets. Nobody besides a few old guys would chime in once a week if that. Tom, you did your share and a few others but nobody else cared. Didn’t help that Tyler lost interest. I still see him once in a while. Last I seen he sold his boat! I hope he hasn’t stopped fishing!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tyler got busy with life in general, as did Andy. They actively tried to get someone to take over the site, at no charge, who could put more time and focus into it. I’m not blaming either Tyler or Andy for allowing the site to fail, they simply couldn’t spend the time there that the site needed to exist and it faded into the past. Family? Site?…no guesswork at all.

Both Tyler and Andy have a huge amount of experience with fishing. Ron and I tried to inject some interest but the social media craze took most all of the wind out of the sails of the website. Lake State just folded, or should and FM has little active posting anymore. Everything is social media except this site here.

I use facebook to host pictures of the tackle I make, not so much for selling it, but as a way to get people interested in making it. The amount of crap that I have to edit off my fb page is nuts and I may soon just let that sink like a leaky ship. I don’t blame Tyler or Andy a bit and thank them for the time they had the site up and fruitful and giving out information that helped a lot of people.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.