Gamehaven reservior

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I sent some people out to the Gamehaven Reservoir last Saturday and they got back to me today with quite a report. Fishing near the dam they caught somewhere in the neighborhood of fifty sunfish and some crappies. They were able to weed through the sunnies and kept ten for a meal. Crappies were of mixed sizes. Red 1/16 glo devil and waxies were the hot item on the menu for all the fish. The sunnies were doing the crappie thing and suspending well off the bottom over 19 feet of water and required an upward jig to get hits. Its a bit of a walk, but the fish are willing right now, they are clean(no blackspot), and this spot will hold together for a while I’m sure. Take Co. rd.1 to the south. Just past the turkey hatchery turn right onto gravel and go about a half a mile. You will see the dike dam on your left. Park roadside and follow the path, staying to your right when it splits. You might find it worth your while.

BenPurvis1

Thanks for the report tom. Been wanting to try that place out for some time as it takes just as long to get there as it does to get into town from my house but wasnt sure if it held any number of fish. upon finding this out i’m gunna check this spot out sunday. thanks for sharing. and just wondering i always get freaked out when i have to go next to one of those dam things how thick was the ice next to it did you receive that information? and how far off the bottom were they hitting? thanks for the update

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.