Chester Woods – 01-11-04

• eyeshaveit
    Prescott, WI

Fished Chester Woods this past Sunday for the first time this winter & found the fish to be less than cooperative. Fished about 4-5 hours and only managed to catch about a half dozen or so average sized gills & a couple of small bass. I saw alot of fish on the Vexilar but they were reluctant to bite. Tried using both waxworms & spikes & different depths of water & locations.Sure seems like Chester Woods is getting alot of fishing pressure this winter judging by the number of people out there. Did anyone have any better luck at Chester Woods this past weekend? If so, what depth of water were you fishing in? Oh well, even though the fishing was poor it was still a nice day to get out & play with the new power auger.

EyesHaveIt

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the update. The fish seem to like the wood from what most people are telling me. Jig on a minnow and work the wood or even waxies will work too from what I was told while out at Hooked On Fishing last Sat. keeping Mike Fischer company while Mike Smith is in the hospital. Keep the reports coming. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.