a few local reports….

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

been fishin quite a bit lately, with winter break and all, but have had pretty poor results for the most part around here .

a few weeks ago i fished chester, the miss. backwaters, and country club pits….with very few (if any) fish to show at any of these places.

more recently, i was at foster arends sunday and again this morning. nothin happening there either. 1 sunny, 2 perch, and 1 crappie….all VERY SMALL (normal for foster). no trout made a showing either day. if you ask me, it needs another stocking job .

thought we’d smart out every one on monday….….as we head for the open water below the power dam, armed with suckers and shiners in hopes for a new little secret spot. well, after sitting there in the cold for 6hrs and not even getting a tickle, we decided that some one else can have that secret spot.

then this afternoon i was out at lake zumbro for a couple hours. fished by the shanty town down from ponderosa. not much happening there either. 1 sunny and 1 perch. the ice is darn thick out there now, and they’re driving all over it. certainly saves a lot of walkin. also got checked by the local CO at about 4:00. good to see, being it was the first time i’ve ever been checked while fishing around roch.

anywho…..as you can see, the fishing around here has been less than spectacular as of late….at least for me. i did have a lone bright spot on saturday when i found a little honey hole (let’s call it jake’s secret spot )that hasn’t been fished by ANYONE all year (first holes drilled). i proceded to catch 10 blue gills in a row that were all between 8 1/2-9″ (i measured em) and 2 of the jumboiest jumbo perch i’ve ever caught, all in less than 1/2 hr . i was catching fish as fast as i could get my bait down there, reel up the fish, warm up my hands, and get the bait down agian. unfortunatly, it got dark and cold and i had to be home for something, otherwise i would have stayed all night. just goes to show, there are still spots out there that have yet to be pressured to death, or even discovered. think outside the box a little and you too may find yourself a secret little honey hole .

……….so, any other reports

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.