everyones favorite bait shop man….

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

just got word this morning that Mike Smith from “hooked on fishing” had to go in for an emergency surgery last night. i didn’t catch exactly what for or how major/minor it was, but it does sounds like he’s gonna be out of commission for a few weeks.

here’s too a speedy recovery Mike….get well soon. (you still have to take me fishin ya know )

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Geesh Jake thats the best excuse for not taking you I’ve ever seen!! Hope all is well. Best wishes to you Mike.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Saw this on FishingMN.com and copied to here for all to see.

Last night, Mike Smith’s appendix ruptured and he was taken into surgery at 7:30 PM.
    He is stable but in guarded condition. His hospital stay will be a few days at least to make sure the infection is under control.
    He is in St. Mary’s, Mary Brigh building, MB 5E, room 5-750, phone 287-4821.
    I know all of you join me in wishing him a speedy and successfull recovery.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Get well soon Mike, every day can only get better. Tight lines #5

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I talked to Mike on the phone today for a short bit as he was very tired as they had him up all last night with blood pressure way low but heart racing fast. He will be in for a good week it sounds like and may not be able to work for a month as he must stay away from bait etc so no infection occurs the Doc said. Hes hooked up to alot of tubes as they are trying to clear up the poison that gets in your system when your apendix burst. Please keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery. Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

PS. Both Hooked On Fishing Stores are open as Mike Fischer is at the north store and Josh is at the south store. Thanks, Bill

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

I hope Mike did not have the same surgeon I had when my appendix was taken out. I “think” the surgeon must have dropped a cigar butt, or something like that, in my incision – I ended up with an infection that I will forever remember. With the new no smoking rules at the hospitals this should not happen anymore

Mike will be on many antibodies so he should not have this problem. Get well soon.

Dave Gulczinski

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

No cig butts Dave cause if there was Mike could just reach in there and pull it out as they didn’t close him up. They are leaving the wound open to watch for infections better and keep it cleaner so thats why he will be out af work for a good month. Too much bacteria around bait. His biggest complaint is he can’t go ice fishing. Think that hurts him more than the pain of the wound does. Hate to see him suffer like that [can’t fish]. Seriously Mike is an ice fishing fanatic, he loves ice fishing every chance he gets. Was up to see him like tonight after work and hes very tired. They discounted alot of tubes today but he still has some IVs left in him. He had alot of poison in him but the Lord is answering prayer as he doesn’t seem to be having the problems with his heart racing like crazy like it was anymore. Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Talked to Mikes wife today when she stopped out at the Hooked On Fishing north store and she said Mikes day started out good but then got rough again during the day. Sounds like still alot of poison in his system. Talked to Mike for a short bit tonight on the phone and he said it had been a rough day today. As Mike Fischer put it I helped babysit him today at the store. It was busy as alot of people stopping in to pick up minnows,waxies, jigs, spoons, etc on their way to go ice fishing. Sounds like the fish are biting so you best get out and enjoy it. Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Get well soon Mike. We are all praying for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.