12/14 fishing report

• hof
    Rochester, MN

Lets hear some fishing reports from this weekend!
    Here is mine:
    I went fishing today at both Wilcox and the Wabasha marina. Fishing at Wilcox was slow. Caught several bluegills in shallow water, with a few keepers in the mix. Could not get anything in deeper water. No crappies or perch, which surprised me.
    After a couple hours of slow fishing, I decided to go to the Wabasha marina. I got in on a later afternoon crappie bite that was pretty good. Also managed quite a few bluegills and a few perch.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Mike, How deep were you fishing? What did you catch them on? No fair keeping it a secret. Lets spill the beans. How thick was the ice? Thanks, Bill

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey Bill,

Secrets?
    The ice was 5-6 inches in most places. Nothing less than 3 inches that I found. I was also surprised that there was no snow cover.
    I caught my fish at Wilcox in 18 inches of water. Tried deeper water up to 7 ft., but couldn’t get any bites. The water at the marina is about 5 ft. Best bait so far this year is a Ratso.
    When are we going to get you out on the ice?

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Just as soon as this back gets better. Until then you will have to provide alot of reports. If they don’t hurry up I may have to sneak out for a short bit anyway. Can’t sit here forever watching or hearing about you guys having fun. What color ratsos working the best so far? Thanks, Bill

hof
    Rochester, MN

Let me know when you’re ready to sneak out!
    The best color has been yellow chartreuse, with purple also being good at times. Like anything else, you need to try different colors to find which one the fish prefer.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

MrWillowcat
    Nelson Wisconsin

Hey mike whats ur deal,,, dont tell the location of ur fishin holes,,, There has been enough people fishin these locations,,, yea i have seen u there and u make alot of people unhappy cause u keep everything that u catch.and yeas we know its u..,, please for the fish sake,, keep the location of where ur fishing down,, tell them what ur using, depth of water and the thickness of the ice, thats all that is nessary,, i have been livin here in nelson for 20 years now and i have never seen the preasure so bad,, please get some brains,,

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hello Mr. Willowcat,

I am certainly sorry to have offended you. It is sometimes rather difficult to say where you are fishing without giving a location name.
    Just a little bit of refute to you sir – I do have brains and I use them! I also do not keep everything I catch – or even close to it. I will not apologize for keeping a meal once in a while.
    There is a lot of water to fish besides the place I mentioned, but I bet you already know that since you are a local fella?

Next time you see me, feel free to say hi.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Mr. willowcat I feel the increase of people is due to the increase of people enjoying the sport. Plain and simple there are just more people outside enjoying the outdoors. We must all remember to practice good fishing ethics but I will say that fishing is as good as it has ever been and I feel very strongly that we must try to keep it that way. I will never feel guilty about eating a meal of fish or giving a meal of fish away to someone who is not able to get out and enjoy the sport. Most importantly this is a FREE site that is the greatest tool for information on the area not for making acusatoins against other people, maybe you should try to keep this a fishing forum and not a gossup column?

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

BINGO we have a winner there…i dont wanna start up a 5 page b!@#t out sesion cause this s ite is not hear for that we all have opinions but this site is not here to point fingers and cause unwanted chatter..if you have a comment just simpy send a PM instead of pointing fingers at someone..thanks…just dont wanna see a wonderful site go down like most other forums..so lets just put it to rest and fish on everyone!!! taaaake it taaake it take it! FISH ON!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.