Lake Zumbro 1/28/08

• jesse
    mn

Hit the Zumbro today with the beautiful weather. Wow was it nice to sit in the shack without the heater, and on the ice without the shack! Not too bad for January. The only problem today was finding a decent bite, or a bite to speak of at all for that matter. We did manage three perch, so at least we were not skunked. The other positive for the day was hooking into the biggest fish I have been into on Zumbro. We were fishing in 22 fow when I witnessed the largest red mark I have ever seen on the flasher. At first I thought it was interference until I noticed a weight on the line. I set the hook and my ultra lite bent right to the handle. The fish made a long run as I was scrambling to lighten the drag. I could not move the fish and he made a couple additional runs. The last run was too much for the two pound test and I lost him. Frustrating, but at the same time exciting! Thats the fun of fishing I guess. Not sure what the fish was, but assuming a good size pike or cat. That fish hit a gold diamond jig tipped with a crushed waxie. The perch came on a eye dropper with a full waxie.

Had some pics of the fish and lure setups, but the camera now does not work Anyone know any places around the Rochester area that do camera repair?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.