What Do You Want To See On This Forum?

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

This forum can be all we want it to be. So with that in mind, what all do we want to see on this forum? Fishing reports? talks between all of us about different techniques used for fishing? Wheres the hot bite? What did you catch last weekend and how? Whats new in equipement? Whats your favorite way to fish for each sopecies of fish? What do you think of catch and release or selective harvest? What kind of boat do you use and how do you have it set up for fishing? What all do you bring with you when shore fishing? There are lots we can all talk about and make this be a very interesting and informative forum. It takes ALL of us sharing and telling our friends about this forum so other people are aware of it so we can ALL share with each other and learn. All comments are appreciatred so please feel free to share with everyone and tell your friends about this new Rochester area lakes and rivers forum. Thanks, Bill

bassguy
    MANKATO

HEY BILL,
    I LIKE TO FISH MUSKIES A LOT. MY FAVORITE TECHNIQUE IS THROWING JERKBAITS. I LIKE TO THROW REEF HAWGS A LOT AS A SEARCH BAIT. I NOTICED THAT I WOULD GET MORE FOLLOWS THE LONGER I THREW THE SAME REEF. I DETERMINED THAT ONCE THE REEF HAWG GOT WATERLOGGED, IT WOULD SWIM BETTER.
    NOW I CUSTOMIZE ALL MY 8 INCH HAWGS BY DRILLING A HOLE WITH A 1/2INCH BIT, JUST DEEP ENOUGH TO POUND IN A BIG LEAD EGG SINKER. I THEN DRILL OUT THE LEAD JUST LEAVING ENOUGH TO MAKE THE BAIT HAVE NEUTRAL BEOUYANCY OR SINK VERY VERY SLOWLY. I USE A BIG PAIL OF WATER TO FINE TUNE EACH ONE. THESE BAITS SWIM AWSOME, AND I CAN WORK THEM DEEPER AND A LOT SLOWER AS THE WATER GETS COLD.

newt
    Pillager, MN

Good tip Riggy. I’ve done various custom jobs to baits and have come up with a couple interesting rigs for pulling sucker minnows for pike. Experimentation is fun and actually catching something on an invention or modification makes it that much more rewarding.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

OK you want a discussion on doctoring and or making lures. Sounds good. Any other ideas? Thanks, Bill

quicksilver

I want to know what happenned to the other board?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

What board is that? Let me know and I’ll get you some info. If you are referring to Lakes, they have been merged together into one site with alot of stuff easier to access and if you want the lakes info you click on the In-Depth Lake Info at the left top of this page and if you want the river info you click on the In-Depth River Info. The general stuff etc can be seen and clicked on from the same site . You don’t have to jump back and forth to get that info. Much more user friendly. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.