The bluegills are great!

• hof
    Rochester, MN

Just wanted to let everyone know that nice bluegills are really biting at a variety of places right now! Lake Zumbro is producing very nice gills in 10-12 Ft. of water off steep drop areas, not to mention the occasional big crappie. Chester Woods is giving up some nice gills. Several spots in the Mississippi backwaters are producing incredible catches of gills!

A variety of methods are working – small jigs, small plastics, worms or pieces of crawlers.

If you’re looking for a nice meal of yummy fish, try getting in on some of the great action!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

hof
    Rochester, MN

Went over to the MS. backwaters this morning to get some more of this incredible bluegill stuff. It’s hard to believe, but I think the fishing has gotten even better! I lost count at 100, probably ended up around 200 caught in about 3 hours!!! Two other guys with me each caught just as many. We each kept 8-10 nice ones for a meal.
    These gills are just hammering small 1/32 oz. jigs with or without a waxie. Hope you all get a chance to go catch some!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey mike,
    what do you consider a keeper sunnie to be?

hof
    Rochester, MN

I consider a 7 incher to be the minimum keeper size. Anything less than that is difficult to fillet. Today, I probably caught 50 over 7 inches. The ones I kept for a meal were in the 8 inch range.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.