How was everyones weekend?

• dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

What? Nobody was out in the gale force winds over the weekend? Not even one report? Even a bad reports better than nothing.

Friday night I was along the Zumbro with Tyler and the two Andy’s. Tried to get into some cats. No luck there.

Saturday I was shroom hunting down by Kellogg. Not to many to brag about. Also tried some lure casting near Wilcox and also the dike road to Nelson. Nothing there either.

Sunday was church and a couple of confirmations and then back in the woods looking for fungi.

But still better than sitting in the house right?

sbr_it

Wife got into a MAJOR house Spring Cleaning fix, which I was fortnately able to stay out of the way of except for a few minor things.
    No fishing for me as well. Did get to the pool on Saturday for a 2 mile swim. Sunday the winds were just down right NASTY. For health and safety reasons, I decided an indoor bike ride would be best and followed that up with a 5.5 mile run. First minor race is first weekend in June so I’m looking forward to that.
    Also started putting in some shelves in a downstairs closet.

Weather looks pretty favorable tomorrow. May try and get my oldest out to Kalmer for a little evening fishing. Any suggestions as to what type of presentations work best out there?
    Thanks.

Andy

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Very busy week. Helping a few friends prefish for a tourney and then Wed and Fri drove up to Red Wing to watch the weighins for the tourney [gotta love that little Geos gas milelage ]. Thursday night was on Lake Zumbro [had to sneak one night in] Then Friday night little 18 month old Makenzie stayed over for a sleepover. Saturday she took grandpa up to Smittys Marine to talk to Kenny and then to the FLW Walleye Tour final top ten weighin. [gee she sure knows how to gain brownie points with grandpa ]. Then after the weighin her Mom and Dad who met us at the weighin took her home and I headed to Northfield to pick up 3 more of my grandaughters to bring home with me for a sleepover and spent Sunday with them and returned them home Sunday night. Have a Walleye Searchers meeting tonight so haven’t slowed down yet. This weekend will be able to get on the water along with getting back to my couple week nights on Lake Zumbro hopefully. Opener this weekend so I will have to be on a lake I guess so loving pool 4 like I do I will be found on ”Lake” Pepin[ ]. What all did everyone else do and what did you catch?
    Thanks, Bill

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Spent 3 hours sunday with the family shore fishing, and two hours sunday with the kids….life was grand…mixed in a 10 hour campfire inbetween

twas good

cr-guy
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Weather looks pretty favorable tomorrow. May try and get my oldest out to Kalmer for a little evening fishing. Any suggestions as to what type of presentations work best out there?
    Thanks.

Andy

I was out there Sunday used Very small jig 18″ under a slip bobber and tiped the jig with Berkley Power Wigglers (Waxie imatators). Couldn’t keep the sunnies, crappies & perch off the hook. Not much size but alot of action.

Good Luck!

Crickschop04

Now that I’m back to playing softball, I’m pretty tied up. Played in Burnsville Thurs., Mazeppa on Fri.(good to see ya Dan), and Champlin Park for 7 games Sat. and Sun. Four days in a row out of town playing ball=no fishy fishy. Hoping to get out on Sat. morn for some eyes.

eabraham473
    Rochester, MN

Hey Danno long time no talk its Abraham. when we gonna go fishing again haha. I went to silver lake saturday afternoon and caught alot of gills and a few crappies. Some of the gills were around the 8″ mark. Then Down to the Miss at about 6pm for some flathead fishing at night. With 25-30mph winds till 1am when we left we Only had one bite and what ever it was broke braid like it was nothing . Drop me a email and we’ll get in touch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.