HOF waxie wins $500.00!

• dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Alex and I fished the Lake City Sportsmans Club Ice Fishing Contest today. Fished with fatheads, jiggin spoons tipped with a minnow head, red spikes, and Alex caught a whopper perch on a Marmooska and a HOF waxie. .33 lbs. But that was the biggest fish of the tourney. He took home a check for five hundred bucks! Yes!

He aint even splittin it with me.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Pictures??? Of the now world famous pre warmed HOF Waxies…I mean.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Congrats
    thats a perch worth mounting
    (regardless of size)

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Look out!
    Mike might want a cut of that prize.
    Congrats on the win.

hof
    Rochester, MN

YES!!!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Alex is starting the year off with a bang alright. Congrats Alex. Mike just got a new shipment of waxies in today too as he almost ran out due to selling so many today. The store was really busy. Stopped in to talk fishin and put together some new plans for the 2nd year of RAF [Rochester Area Fishermens Leaque] for 2007 and finding time to talk was hard to come by. ALOT of people were out fishing today thats for sure.

Way to go Alex. This kids a darn good fisherman. Look forward to seeing you again at the RAF Events this year Alex. And to think he caught the only fish. Came through in a tough bite. Dan, give Alex a handshake and a high five from me Bud.

Thanks, Bill

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Gee money like that will cost him his amateur status and a chance at the Olympics.

blufloyd

Half a waxie works some days. Maybe you should get it mounted though instead of filleting it….

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Congratulations! That’s a heck of an investment

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

So Alex what new fishin toys are you buying with your tournament earnings? Or are you talking Dad into taking you on a fishing trip? With that kind of money you should be pretty well set for the 2007 fishing season. Your love of fishing and your hard work at learning how to catch fish over the years has paid off. Way to go! Dan, your son will be giving you some very tough competition this year for who catches the most and biggest fish. But, as I’m sure you feel the same way I do, if someones going to kick my hind end I want it to be my son. And my son usually does. Oh well.
    Thanks, Bill

hof
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Dan, your son will be giving you some very tough competition this year for who catches the most and biggest fish. But, as I’m sure you feel the same way I do, if someones going to kick my hind end I want it to be my son. And my son usually does. Oh well.
    Thanks, Bill

Whenever I have fished with either Bill or Dan, it seems they are very good at getting their hind quarters kicked!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Whenever I have fished with either Bill or Dan, it seems they are very good at getting their hind quarters kicked!

[end of quote]

Dan, you, Mike and I need to go open water fishing at Lake Zumbro together this year and you and I can sing our new favorite song. The name of our new favorite song is: ”Man Overboard.”

Thanks, Bill

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Bill, Alex is buying calves and this check will help him get him a couple more.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hes also becoming a young business man I see.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.