Lawrence Lake Ice Conditions?

• VikeFan

I am heading up to SE Minnesota tomorrow, and I hope to fish Lawrence Lake by Brownsville tomorrow afternoon–does anyone know what the ice is like there? I’ll check it myself, and report what I find.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

there has to be some good ice on there. the place I have been fishing has had 5-6″ on it….good luck.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The last time I was by there, I think it was about a week ago, the ice was NOT in good shape at all. Down by the marina the ice was looking better and had a few people on it. The main lake had open water in the cut leading out to it. Since then it has been warm so I wouldn’t expect too much to have changed. Tonight it is supposed to get down to around 10 degrees so that will stiffen things up

VikeFan

I got up to Lawrence Lake about 2:00 this afternoon. There were still open patches of water along the channel on the main lake. I suspect they will ice over tonight, so hopefully no one goes walking out there tomorrow–that ice won’t be safe for a couple days at least, I would think, and the open patches were fairly large.

There is plenty of good clear 4″ ice right at Lawrence Lake Marina, so I went out there hoping to catch the evening bite. The marina held a fishing tournament this morning, and some of the contestants were still out when I got there. A grand total of three fish were caught by everyone there–all Northern, and all caught before 1:00, I was told. Not a single panfish or bass was caught the entire day. I sat out for an hour or so, and my luck was no better.

With no safe ice on the main lake where the weeds are, and no fish around the marina, it looks like I am heading west tomorrow and Monday…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.