Second Time Out – Second Post

• lew
    Kasson, MN

Hey! I caught some smallies today. I decided to go to the Zumbro River and the dreaded Green Bridge today. I say dreaded as this particular location has seldom been very good for me when I’m wading. Once again I went with minimal lure alternatives, but did add a third option. Besides trying floating Rapapala’s and tube baits, today I used the renowned Senko. Sure enough the Senko was the lure that brought me in harmony with the smallies today. I only caught five smallies today, but one was about 16 inches. The rest were in the 8 to 10 inch range. Fiesty, yet fun. I was good to renew my friendship with the smallie today.

mark p
    Rochester

Good to hear that you managed to hook up with a few smallies. I used to have good luck on that stretch of the zumbro, but I didn’t fish it last year and haven’t fished it this year because like you I just hadn’t done very well on that stretch for a few years. Hopefully it is making a come back.

ikeslayer
    Rochester, mn, Usa, Earth

i have fished that strech many times from macs to zumbro falls and it has been very generous to me. I am glad that you learned the wonder of the senko. congrats on the successfull day. ike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Great news Lew. Keep the reports comin.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.