Walleye spots?

• goosehunter

Im looking for walleye spots around rochester. Anybody have any on the river or on a local lake?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Im looking for walleye spots around rochester. Anybody have any on the river or on a local lake?

The closest “worth while” Walleye spot right now is Red Wing ,only 45 minutes away tho.

If you dont have have a boat do a ride wanted post in the Trip Swap Forum and try to catch a ride on someones boat.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Local lake spots are closed for Walleye fishing right now aren’t they?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Yes ..but he didnt exactly say when he was looking to go

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Hey bud…I know your bursting with anticipation ..perfectly normal. Been there..so am I…
    Most guys spend a lot of time and energy to find so called” spots” and are not willing to give them up so easily ..stick around for a while..post some pics..share some info..tactics and what not and magical things happen around here..

I do know of several spots directly in rochester my self

I will give you this though..Albert Lea is one of the hottest walleye areas in south east mn..from shore..on opener go get;em

goosehunter

Quote:

yep just looking for spots that i can check out later

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

As Louis said there are some local areas but with saying them in an open forum they would get pounded HARD and then become just spots with water.

Stick around IDO and in time you will learn those treasured places .

Welcome to IDO

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Walleyes dont have spots, saugers do

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Some of the walleyes planted in the lake will migrate up the river to the Rochester area each spring and again in the fall. Its not a huge exodus, but it is enough to get a little attention. The spring run will be off limits since the season is closed when the run occurs. The run in the fall is a lesser run and still has a few people casting for them.

I know when the runs are happening because of the wardens I see near the house that like to keep an eye on things. One of the places to look for a sign that walleyes are being caught is the stretch of river just east of the HyVee store on 37th street. If you see people there, they aren’t fishing suckers.

And to note, some of these planted fish are in the 18-19 inch range now.

Even with walleyes very close to being right out my back door twice a year, I go to the river first and then Albert Lea if I want to catch more than one.

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As Louis said there are some local areas but with saying them in an open forum they would get pounded HARD and then become just spots with water.

Stick around IDO and in time you will learn those treasured places .

Welcome to IDO

Well said Jeff..little back yard gems should be kept close to the heart..otherwise they will never flourish..guess I can forget about my one hour tours in roch.. and surrender them to the masses..

Ps..do the private message post fourums work only on certain computers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.