Rochester Scheels…..

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

…..told me not two minutes ago on the phone that the store is opening to public shopping at 10AM tomorrow. So my on-line order can wait.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

…..told me not two minutes ago on the phone that the store is opening to public shopping at 10AM tomorrow. So my on-line order can wait.

I called the Saint cloud store and they are also opening back up for business tomorrow. This comes from more businesses being now considered Essential.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Here we are not even to the peak of all of this and they are already starting to allow previously closed businesses to open back up. I guess Its no different for people to gather at a sporting goods store than it is at a Target or Walmart. Just seems strange that things are changing even before the peak or the extended date

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Cabelas never closed

Cabelas doesn’t offer anything.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Cabelas never closed

Ya, I’m not sure why Scheels did. I’m assuming they thought they had to. If they did it because they thought it was the right thing to do – I don’t know why they would change now.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Here we are not even to the peak of all of this and they are already starting to allow previously closed businesses to open back up. I guess Its no different for people to gather at a sporting goods store than it is at a Target or Walmart. Just seems strange that things are changing even before the peak or the extended date

I’m guessing they’ll limit the number of people in the store at a time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Keep in mind that all Scheels stores are in malls and not stand alone buildings. Could be mall management was dictating the closures.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

St Cloud Scheels is opening tomorrow with slightly shortened hours. I’ll be in there buying a new Trek.

FYI, they have a no-return policy on all goods until further notice.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I think there is some serious debate on whether the government can even force some of these closures or if it is simply a suggestion.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I suppose they could get a sort of loophole because they sell guns. The current MN “Critical Worker Definition” includes: “Workers supporting licensed businesses that sell or service firearms pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7192.” It’s kind of interesting to google the statute and read it – the people who wrote it really don’t want the government taking their guns or limiting access.

“Clothing stores” and “sporting goods” are not mentioned in the document, which suggests that they are not essential.

All I know is that Joe’s Sporting Goods has opened for curbside at some point after previously closing, and they will sell live bait.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The Rochester Scheels is in the Apache Mall, which finally closed their doors. However, some stores with entrances separate from the Mall’s main entries were allowed to stay open. Scheels has a large outside entry and they can leave to Mall gate inside closed.

I called today to inquire on their curb-side pick-up and they said to wait the day and do my own shopping. So I will wait the day. I’ve always been one to have to handle what I am buying and loath the thought of some yak picking out what I want, including groceries….that would really torque my a$$.

Brad Dimond

I think there is some serious debate on whether the government can even force some of these closures or if it is simply a suggestion.

I’d suggest that the debate is not particularly serious. The executive branch has some broad powers during a declared state of emergency. Challenging those powers is 1) slow and 2) unlikely to succeed.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Keep in mind that all Scheels stores are in malls and not stand alone buildings. Could be mall management was dictating the closures.[/quote

Nope not all Scheels are in malls…

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Slightly different question/issue related to the Rochester Scheels…I just ordered two of their extreme store brand trolling rods from them this morning. Their highly advertised “curbside pickup” was not an option though for a trolling rod? Instead, they HAVE to ship it to my door.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

That’s what I ran into when I called this morning. I asked what if you have the product I want in THIS store? “well, you can’t come in and shop”. I asked what she was doing that was so important that she couldn’t run up and get the line they say is in stock, take my card info, ring it up and meet me at the friggin door. I told her the website said they had curb-side pick-up so what’s with that? “Not at this store but if you wait until 10 tomorrow morning you can come in and pick up what you need, the store will be open to the public starting tomorrow.”

On one hand it pi$$es me off that they talk in friggin circles, but on the other I’ll just do what I prefer to do and that’s go in and actually see first hand what I’m thinking of buying.

navtiller
    chippewa falls

Do you think it is coincidental that many people will be receiving the Covid relief checks tomorrow?

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom Sawvell wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>David Blais wrote:</div>
    Cabelas never closed

Nope. Not a thing… waytogo

But actually..

A week and a half after opener last year. Needed two things. Gulp minnows and orange 1/8 oz jigs. Had neither rotflol

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2549.jpg

2. IMG_2547.jpg

brentbullets

I was told by a Scheels store that the main reason they were allowed to reopen is because they are Employee owned. This is a location that is in a mall but has a separate entrance.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I can’t even find a good way to spend my (some what free) Cabela’s card money. I better hurry before they close for good though.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I hit the parking lot about five minutes early and was the only one there this morning until about two minutes before the doors opened when a couple others showed up. No problem with crowds in the parking lot then. BUT, by the time I checked out ten minutes later they were getting busy.

I needed pellets for vermin control big time and got the last two packages of the Red Fire my gun likes. Then I made an employee go drag down the ice lines they’d already put away and find me a spool of 6 pound Clam Frost braid. So now I’ve had a Scheels fix for a while. I’m fishing tomorrow.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom Sawvell wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>David Blais wrote:</div>
    Cabelas never closed

Glad I was in between coffee drinks when I read that
    rotflol

Even worse, I placed an order through the Bass Pro Shop website. It’s crazy that Cabelas was “out” of the cheaper Cabelas brand trolling reel I wanted to pair with my Scheels rod…but I could get the same Cabelas brand trolling reel through Bass Pro Shop (hopefully) at the exact same time. I’m still awaiting my confirmation email 24 hours later though.

The BPS & Cabelas marriage reminds me of a trailer park type relationship. Each partner had its own baggage before they came together, but now the baggage has simply compounded and they will never separate despite not helping one another and pissing off lots of people.

For those wondering why I bothered, I was attempting to use up Cabelas gift cards from a long time ago. From now on it will be Scheels, Fleet Farm, and the local sporting goods store who gets my business.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.