River fishing around Danbury

• scottaheller

I’ve never fished the St Croix around the Danbury area, looking for any insight for fishing this area. I’ve seen some bass while floating the river on tubes (and drinking beer) but I’d guess besides bass there are pike, walleye and musky too??

Looks like a nice landing at the crossing on 77, any other landings south of there on the WI side?

dbright
    Cambridge

There has been a large increase in pressure over the last 4-5 years and fishing has definitely declined. It is still a fun stretch to be on regardless. Pansy, Thayes, norway point, nelsons, fox, and soderbeck are all on the Wisconsin side. I have spent alot of time up there other then the fox landing. I would add sturgeon to your list along with channel cats.

scottaheller

There has been a large increase in pressure over the last 4-5 years and fishing has definitely declined. It is still a fun stretch to be on regardless. Pansy, Thayes, norway point, nelsons, fox, and soderbeck are all on the Wisconsin side. I have spent alot of time up there other then the fox landing. I would add sturgeon to your list along with channel cats.

I would not have thought there’d be channel cats up there but now I’m more excited to fish it!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Cats even move up the Namekagon. I have targeted and caught many monster channel cats there for years. At least as far as the dam. They have since kinda disappeared in my spots. Once the word gets out there is a hole full of them the meat haulers end it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.