Rippin Raps

• Josh

Just curious if anyone has tried pulling rippin raps behind planner boards or flat line trolled with them and had much success? mainly fishing sw or wc mn alot of the lakes are less than 8-10ft deep out here.

mojogunter

I tried pulling them on Pool 4 once but the depth changes made it tough. One would have to do some research for how much line out to get a depth curve. Pretty sure the 7’s are too heavy to troll easily.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’ve trolled rat l traps before in shallow water and it works….just need to match the speed and depth.

Are you fishing for walleye’s? The pike will absolutely destroy those rip n raps in shallow water. Get a good fluoro leader or plan on an expensive day if the lake is full of pike.

Smackem33

I’ve trolled rat l traps before in shallow water and it works….just need to match the speed and depth.

Are you fishing for walleye’s? The pike will absolutely destroy those rip n raps in shallow water. Get a good fluoro leader or plan on an expensive day if the lake is full of pike.

What he said, casting and jigging ripping raps in walleye country works. Trolling them next to weed lines in any lake drive those snot rockets crazy. I think it’s a speed thing trolling those things in ten ft you got to do over 2mph that equals slimy
    snot rockets!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.