Rip N Rap size 4 Comes thru

• IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I have gotten quit a few wallters on the Rip N Raps but never sealed the deal on a truly large eye until yesterday. Tingler spoon with a minnow head raised this girl 3 times but wasn’t going to commit. That big red mark on the LX-7 had me on the edge of my stool, so I reeled up fast grabbed the other rod with the Rap ready to go sent it down the hole and to my delight the big mark came off the bottom to meet the little #4. I stopped the drop 2 feet above the rising mark ever so lightly rocked it and started pulling it away. The mark started coming faster so I lifted a little faster and wham-o fish on. Talking to my son and fishing buddy as they watched I stated this many head shakes had to be a cat. But to my surprise that head that almost seems dis formed compared to your average walleye came up thru the hole. 27inches, high fives, pics and down the hole she went.
    This has been a quest of mine for a couple of years now to get a big girl with a Rap and now it was fulfilled.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0433.jpg

rmanderson
    West Central MN

Way to go! Nice fish!

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

This is a goal of mine also that I have not yet gotten. Nice work with the fast lure exchange down the hole!

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Awesome fish!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

NICE fish! I’ve been wanting to try the Rippin Rap, can’t find them anywhere around here; only the empty rack at Fleet Farm. -(
    Catch some more and tell us about it! -)

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Congrats. Nice fish! waytogo

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Well done and well described!

Paul Delaney

That is a great walleye and great job on doing the bait switch that is all it takes sometimes. I would bet that the fish took that bait with some authority. The Rippin Rap is a very fun bait to fish through the ice or casting open water but my favorite part of fishing the bait is how the fish just smash the bait sometimes being in there throats. Good luck fishing and be safe.

Paul Delaney
    http://WWW.lateeyessportfishing.com

Ryan Mayberry

Nice fish. I’ve always wanted to catch a walleye.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Nice one! I just bought 5 RipnRaps today because I think the cold front eyes might respond and I can try them on Lakers

Super excited

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

When the weather has stabilized, don’t be afraid to go larger. I’ve been using the #5 Rattle raps and live Target Gizzard shad for years. They’ll eat big baits under the ice!

Attachments:
    1. DSCN5962.jpg

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I had the exact same experience on Upper Red in mid-December. Slow bite on everything so switched to the Rippin’ Rap and bagged four fish. No one else caught anything but me that weekend.
    It hasn’t worked for me on metro lakes so far. I can draw fish in with it but nothing has hit it.
    Not giving up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.